We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time on Venice, HELP!

Which Venice hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
marcusdench
Level Contributor
12 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
First time on Venice, HELP!

Hi, going to stay in Venice area, early Oct, flying into Treviso, hotels look so much cheaper outside Venice, but is the hassle of travel worth it? I don’t mind using buses, trains, etc. but my language is limited. It’s a romantic trip for my girlfriend and I so would like any much and will be so grateful.

1, don’t mind travel,

2, want a lovely hotel,

3, want to mainly see Venice this visit.

adelaide
Level Contributor
1,670 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time on Venice, HELP!

stay in Venice

find something in your budget

much more enjoyable to be in Venice than travel in for the day

Venice, Italy
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
599 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First time on Venice, HELP!

For early October, book as soon as possible. There are buses (ATVO) from Treviso airport into Piazzale Roma, Venice's bus station.

You don't say what your budget is, and "a lovely hotel" is likely to be expensive, but there are plenty of very nice B&Bs or (depending on the length of your stay) apartments for rent.

There will be people who tell you that Mestre, on the mainland, is cheaper (true) and a nice place to stay (false), but for a first visit and a romantic trip it's better to be in the heart of the city and not waste a lot of time on busy commuter buses.

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
45,836 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First time on Venice, HELP!

A romantic trip then stay in Venice, you will be limited with Hotel choice, October is popular,. but Venice is not big location not a problem,

Have a look at www.venere.com put in the dates and your budget, see what is available

marcusdench
Level Contributor
12 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First time on Venice, HELP!

Thanks for the above, I am looking to spend circa £150-200 a night. I will be looking in Venice then not around the whole area.

Thank you

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
45,836 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First time on Venice, HELP!

Of the ones listed on Venere.for around that time and budget , we have stayed at this one very nice,

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g187870-d2956…

Chorley, United...
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
18,409 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First time on Venice, HELP!

For £150-200 per night you should be able to find reasonable accommodation in Venice though you need to book soon as early October is still a popular time for visitors. Check through the tripadvisor Hotel and B&B lists and read the user comments carefully and cautiously.

If you want a romantic visit to Venice then stay in Venice. There is little more romantic than walking back to your Hotel after a good meal and wine in a local Trattoria.with the lights twinkling on the waters in the canals. Some buildings are illuminated and, as all Venice is entirely safe, you can wander for some time.

7. Re: First time on Venice, HELP!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 September 2014, 06:22