We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safe parking near railway station and get train to Venice

surrey
Level Contributor
723 posts
118 reviews
Save Topic
Safe parking near railway station and get train to Venice

Hello, im planning a day trip to Venice in 10 days, from Piacenza. Can anyone please recommend a railway station where I can park safely and get the train into Venice, or any other ideas. Ill have a hire car, but am paranoid about it getting damaged or broken into. Many thanks,

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
87,028 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Safe parking near railway station and get train to Venice

You might as well drive from Piacenza to Venice: it would be faster than a train.

There is very expensive parking at Piazzale Roma, at the end of the road into Venice, and expensive parking at Troncetto, to the right at the end of the bridge from the mainland. From either of these, you can take a vaporetto (water bus) to other parts of Venice. There is reasonably priced parking next to the train station at Mestre, and from there you can take a train to Venice Santa Lucia station, then a vaporetto.

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
46,895 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Safe parking near railway station and get train to Venice

There is secure parking at Mestre Station, just a short Train ride across the causeway to Venice,

surrey
Level Contributor
723 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Safe parking near railway station and get train to Venice

Ok Mestre seems to be the one - im happy to walk from St Lucia, as Ive been to Venice before a roughly know my way around. I appreciate that a day trip to Venice is not the way to see it, but I just wanted to give my son a taster. Does anyone have any idea if there are any ZTLs or similar in the area, please.

Edited: 15 September 2013, 11:05
4. Re: Safe parking near railway station and get train to Venice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 February 2015, 20:22
surrey
Level Contributor
723 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Safe parking near railway station and get train to Venice

Thank you for uour advice. I eventually decided to spend two nights in a b &b - Ca Abba on the outskirtd of Mestre. Safe parking, clean, and very quiet. Cost just over the price of two days parking - I can recommend it.

6. Re: Safe parking near railway station and get train to Venice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 October 2014, 05:16