We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Westin Europa & Regina or Palazzo Stern?

Which Venice hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Boston...
Level Contributor
52 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Westin Europa & Regina or Palazzo Stern?

What are people's opinion on Palazzo Stern vs. The Westin Europa & Regina?

Can you walk to restaurants, shops and attractions from these hotels?

Thanks

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Venice, Provence
Level Contributor
7,432 posts
441 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Westin Europa & Regina or Palazzo Stern?

vaca, nice places, both of them. I did not stay at either but know where they are and the reviews are solid. Yes, both are well positioned. Just pick the one which calls your name. More $$ then you were originally planning to spend but worth it, IMHO.

Venice
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
8,960 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Westin Europa & Regina or Palazzo Stern?

PalazzoStern nearer to a quieter side if Venice where as Europa is adjacent to San Marco Location wise I would pick the Stern but standards both have very good names and offer a good base.

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
45,838 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Westin Europa & Regina or Palazzo Stern?

I like the location of the Palazzo Stern, near some lovely Restaurants, and well placed for the vaporetto,

Newport, Australia
Level Contributor
298 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Westin Europa & Regina or Palazzo Stern?

I agree with Sophie as far as the position of Palazzo Stern. Far more good dining options than near the Europa & Regina. Great cafes, bars and shops close by as well. And it also has the benefit of being right at the Ca'Rezzonico vaporetto stop and easily accessible even if there's acqua alta.

I stayed there a year ago and the room was lovely.

Chorley, United...
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
18,412 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Westin Europa & Regina or Palazzo Stern?

Palazzo Stern is certainly on the side of the Grand Canal I prefer. Nowadays my wife and I always stay in Dorsoduro as it has many advantages - not far to Piazza San Marco if you feel the need to go there but far enough away to be a god deal less crowded with tourists. It is an area rich in fine art galleries with Ca'Rezzonica closest to your Hotel and both the Accademia and the Peggy Guggenheim Musum of Modern Art not far away. A good area for bars, cafes and trattoria with Campo Santa Margheita close by.

So my choice every time would be Palazzo Stern over the Westin Europa & Regina

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Venice, Provence
Level Contributor
7,432 posts
441 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Westin Europa & Regina or Palazzo Stern?

I think the OP was visiting Venice in early December at which time crowds will not be an issue. It will be relatively quiet even on the San Marco side.

Chorley, United...
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
18,412 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Westin Europa & Regina or Palazzo Stern?

There are lots of other good reasons for staying on the Dorsoduro side of the Grand Canal apart from escaping the crowds, which may, or may not, be a problem in December or whenever Vaca.always is visiting Venice. Dorssoduro always seems to me to be that bit more peaceful unless you are around Campo Santa Margherita on a weekend evening when the University students are in residence.

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
45,838 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Westin Europa & Regina or Palazzo Stern?

I would agree Dorsoduro where the Palazzo Stern is a lovely area, but so many areas of Venice away from the crowds of San Marco are really just as nice,

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Venice, Provence
Level Contributor
7,432 posts
441 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Westin Europa & Regina or Palazzo Stern?

RobertJ, I do not diagree with you or others. We stay in San Polo and love the relative remoteness of the location. For a first time visitor to Venice, however, proximity to San Marco may not be a bad thing. I am not advocating that vaca.always must stay at the Westin E&R, but merely that she/he should not disregard it because of its location. Again, I do not at all disagree with you in principle.

10. Re: Westin Europa & Regina or Palazzo Stern?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2014, 06:21