We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Actv strike Friday 18 Oct

Venice
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
9,439 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Actv strike Friday 18 Oct

It looks as if the public transport strike is going ahead on Friday. Its on the actv website . Vaporetti and buses guaranteed only for an hour in the morning and 4:30 - 730 pm. This meaning only essential services( island connection) and a reduced service running.

Alilaguna generally does not strike.

Nothing I can see on atvo but I can only access the mobile site.

Venice Walking Tour and Gondola Ride
2,565 reviews
from US$56.40*
Special Offer
Dolomite Mountains Small-Group Day...
772 reviews
from US$174.20*
US$194.30
Special Offer
Skip the Line: Venice in One Day...
3,543 reviews
from US$75.20*
US$91.50
St. Mark's Basilica and Doge's Palace...
294 reviews
from US$81.50*
Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
218 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Actv strike Friday 18 Oct

Hi Rosa503: Thanks for the information.

Is this expected to be a 24-hour nuisance strike? ..or is it likely to continue beyond Friday the 18th?

Edited: 16 October 2013, 06:00
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
90,186 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Actv strike Friday 18 Oct

In Italy, one-day strikes last for one day.

Venice
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
9,439 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Actv strike Friday 18 Oct

As Nick says it looks like just a day not like the 'work to rule / go slow ' this summer which was a nightmare. There are other sectors also striking ....always on a friday wonder why?????

Italy
Level Contributor
6,153 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Actv strike Friday 18 Oct

Strikes on Friday has been the rule during past years and I always have the same thought....

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
73 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Actv strike Friday 18 Oct

Hi, having seen this on the forum I have looked around online and have found some people saying the strike starts at 9pm tomorrow (17th), can anyone confirm if this is the case? Am a bit worried as we are landing at Treviso tomorrow night at just after 8pm and am relying on the atvo bus and vaporetto to get to our hotel!

Maryland
Level Contributor
1,588 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Actv strike Friday 18 Oct

ACTV is different from ATVO so no worries getting from Treviso to Venice. Rosa503 also mentioned reduce ACTV service so you can get to your hotel by a vaporetto. If your hotel is not far from Piazzale Roma where the ATVO bus will drop you off, then you may be able to walk crossing a couple of bridges with your luggage.

Venice
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
9,439 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Actv strike Friday 18 Oct

Trains start from 9pm buses strike from midnight. ATVO looks as they are striking as well but the Ryan Air service is more a 'charter' style than scheduled so some might run. Arriving today you will be ok I reckon.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
73 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Actv strike Friday 18 Oct

Thank you both very much, we are staying just by st marks so hopefully there will be no delays and we will get to the hotel before it begins - thanks again!

Venice, Italy
Level Contributor
1,600 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Actv strike Friday 18 Oct

Everyone can check what is running and what is not here: actv.it/sites/…202013_24h-def.pdf

bedford
Level Contributor
1,389 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Actv strike Friday 18 Oct

we are here in venice now and yesterday the TI center said the strike was today. I am still in my apartment so am not sure yet...

but I see the link says the 18th!

Edited: 17 October 2013, 07:55