We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is Italian for "distilled water"

Which Venice hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Peoria, IL
Level Contributor
17 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
What is Italian for "distilled water"

My husband and I will be arriving in Venice in September and one of the first things we'll need is distilled water for our CPAP machines (treatment for sleep apnea). How does one say "distilled water" in Italian and what kind of store will sell it?

Madrid
Level Contributor
290 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What is Italian for "distilled water"

acqua destillata

I think you would find it in the samekind of shops you use at home.

QQ2
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
7,386 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What is Italian for "distilled water"

I would also suggest that you take a small quantity with you, for when you first arrive, and/or ask your hotel concierge to purchase some for your arrival. Then you won't have to worry about finding it as soon as you get there after a long journey.

Kamloops, BC...
Level Contributor
9,743 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: What is Italian for "distilled water"

printdame -

My guess is that you want a pharmacy for distilled water - that's where I've seen it in several other cities - I wasn't in a pharmacy in Venice, thus the guess.

rome
Level Contributor
1,153 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: What is Italian for "distilled water"

Acqua distillata is what you are looking for.

You can find it in supermarkets no problem.

5. Re: What is Italian for "distilled water"

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2009, 17:18