We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transport in Venice

Which Venice hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
1 post
16 reviews
Save Topic
transport in Venice

Hi All,

I read many of your comments but I am still a little confused with my situation. I arrive via train from Florence. I stay at around San marco area for 2 days

I need to take the flight on return via Marco Polo airport. Do I need the ACTV, Alilaguna? Is it cheaper buying it online?

If I were to purchase the ticket on the spot can I purchase it at the vaporetti station?

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
46,147 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: transport in Venice

The Aililaguna is good for the Airport, tickets are €15 per person, but in Venice it is the atvo Vaporetto for getting around, it is worth buying a pass which you can get from any manned stop and automatic machines,, as each one off ride is €7, no advantage of buying on line,

Venice, Italy
Destination Expert
for Venice, City of Venice
Level Contributor
7,555 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: transport in Venice

Sophie, remember ACTV is the vaporetto company. ATVO runs only land buses and coaches, such as one of the two lines to the airport from Piazzale Roma.

From the Santa Lucia train station it is the ACTV vaporetto which will take you to San Marco. Either the n°1 or n°2 lines run down the Grand Canal to the San Marco Vallaresso and Giardinetti stops. If you need the San Zaccaria stop, at the opposite end of Piazza San Marco, you need either the n°1 down the Grand Canal (slowest solution) or the n°2 passing the Giudecca Canal (the "back" route). At the train station, the Grand Canal route is the vaporetti approaching from the right (from under the modern steel and glass Calatrava bridge) and heading towards the left (under the stone Scalzi bridge) usually saying Rialto - San Marco.

From the San Marco area, Alilaguna is generally easiest to reach the airport. The n°2 to San Zaccaria is the opposite direction (from the left towards the right) saying Piazzale Roma - Giudecca - San Marco.

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
46,147 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: transport in Venice

Sorry a bit early, its been a rough night with the storm,

4. Re: transport in Venice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2014, 04:18