We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flights to Venice

Which Venice hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Pocatello, Idaho
Level Contributor
17 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Flights to Venice

Hi,

I would like to book a flight to Venice in May 2014 from Salt Lake City, and then depart from Rome and return to Salt Lake City. Now, I know that there are lots of variables that go into airline ticket prices, but I was wondering if anyone could give me a ballpark of what they've paid. Tickets on the low end have been about $1350, and now just dropped about $100. I don't know if I should jump on that, or wait a big longer.

Thanks!

Skeeter

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
33 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: Flights to Venice

This query is probably covered elsewhere and not exactly relevant to discussion but seek input. We have decided to fly to Prague and then onto Venice. We have found a very cheap fare with an airline called Wizz. Evidently they are Hungary's No. 2 carrier(thought they would be No 1). Has anybody flown with Wizz.

Pocatello, Idaho
Level Contributor
17 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: Flights to Venice

Well, I finaly bought my tickets and here is how it worked out for those looking to do a similar trip:

Salt Lake City to Venice May 10th

Rome to Salt Lake City May 21st

Total with taxes and fees $1288

There were slightly less expensive tickets ($30-$50 less) but with additional layover it extended the flight time from ~17 hrs to ~25hrs or longer so the extra $30 seemed totally worth it. It still remains to be seen if the flights will go any lower. They were at ~$1350 or so for quite a while and have been in the $1230-$1280 range for a couple of weeks (for a descent flight) for the 25-32 hr long flights I saw them dip to as low as $1206.

Overall I'm so excited about our upcoming trip that I don't mind that I'm about $180 over where I wanted to be on price. Thanks to everyone for all your tips!

33. Re: Flights to Venice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 January 2015, 05:18