We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

venice taxi

New York City, New...
3 posts
Save Topic
venice taxi

What taxi or public transfer do i need from Venice marco polo airport to Hôtel Londra Palace,

Relais & Châteaux in Riva degli Schiavoni?

Mentioned in this post
Venice
Venice
City of Venice, Italy
Venice
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
9,514 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: venice taxi

Private taxi in the region of €110 venezia taxi ( desk at airport) or consorzio motoscafi also at airport.( 20 mins approx)

Alilaguna slow boat to San Marco from then you have to walk crossing 2 bridges .(€17pp takes about 1hr 30)

Or bus to Piazzale Roma (actv of atvo) then vaporetto to San Zaccaria.

Or depending on what time you arrive venicelink sahred water taxi. Might involve a few stops and some waiting at the airport.

Mentioned in this post
Piazzale Roma
Piazzale Roma
26 Reviews
Venice, Italy
New York City, New...
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: venice taxi

if i take the alilaguna boat how long am i going to have to walk

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
92,776 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: venice taxi

See the hotel's web site: http://www.londrapalace.com/en/location/

Venice
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
9,514 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: venice taxi

About 5 mi utes but you have 2 bridges to cross with luggage check google maps so you can see for yourself.

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Venice, Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur
Level Contributor
11,385 posts
562 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: venice taxi

If you pre book and prepay the water taxi both ways through Corsorcio Motoscafi, it is Euro 85 each way.

Chorley, United...
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
18,936 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: venice taxi

At Marco Polo is is about a 450 metre walk down a signposted parh to the left of the exit from the Arrivals Hall yo reach the ladning stage where you can take either the Alilaguna ferry - several lines, see www.alilaguna.it for which line you wish to take - or you can pick up a private water taxi which you ordered at the desk in the Arrivals hall.

If you have more luggage than you wish to carry or wheel in a trolley there are land taxis which will take you a slightly longer route round the airport road to reach the landing stage. I know the Consorzio Motoscafi desk will arrange a land taxi for you and I assume the other desk (which I have never used) will do the same. Alternatively there is a taxi rank outside who might be willing to take you though I am sure they would prefer a longer haul passenger into Mestre or Piazzale Roma.

A private water taxi, though not cheap, is priced for the launch so it is not a per person price and the advantage is it will take you right to your Hotel. The Alilaguna launch is much cheaper but much slower and you have the walk from their landing stage at San Zaccaria across two bridges and often a crowd or tourists you have to push your way through.

if you are young and strong then Alilaguna has a lot to recommend it. If, like me, you are not young and no longer very strong then I always take a private water taxi for the ease and convenience and hang the cost.

Mentioned in this post
Mestre
Mestre
City of Venice, Italy
Piazzale Roma
Piazzale Roma
26 Reviews
Venice, Italy
New York City, New...
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: venice taxi

Thanks a lot to everyone that answered my questions.

8. Re: venice taxi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 December 2014, 06:17