We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How do we get from Dubrovnik to Venice?

Which Venice hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Topic
How do we get from Dubrovnik to Venice?

Hi! We want to get from Dubrovnik to Venice in late July in an affordable and timely way. The ferry only seems to go from Dub. to Bar (7.5 hrs) and then a train from Bari to Venice. Or we could fly and it costs about $350 nonstop. If we take a cheaper flight with stops, it costs $240 but will take about 8 hours with a layover. Thoughts? Advice?

Also, what should we do on our honeymoon in Venice?! We are thrilled!

Virginia
Level Contributor
2,993 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How do we get from Dubrovnik to Venice?

What is your overall itinerary--into Dubrovnik and out of Venice?

I think you have already found your only alternatives, but if you wish to post your entire itinerary perhaps I can make some suggestions.

Chorley, United...
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
18,419 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How do we get from Dubrovnik to Venice?

What to do on your honeymoon in Venice? My mind boggles when I remember what we got up to on our honeymoon in Nairobi.

In public just walk around, hand in hand, and admire the wonderful city; stop now and then for a quiet drink or a bite to eat in a trattoria.

If you have time before you go off to Venice read a goof guide book - I like the city volumes published by Knopf in the USA and also those by DK and Time Out

3. Re: How do we get from Dubrovnik to Venice?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 January 2015, 05:21