We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marco Polo airport to Rialto bridge

Penang Island...
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Marco Polo airport to Rialto bridge

May I knw any other ways to Rialto frm Marco polo airport beside than taking water taxi? I had took water taxi 2 yrs ago frm Marco Polo to San Marco, it's cost me abt €100.

Thanks for ur advices.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
43 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Marco Polo airport to Rialto bridge

Go out to the front of the airport, catch the bus number 5 to Piazzale Roma the end of the route.

You then cross towards the Grand Canal & take Vaporetto number 1 to The Rialto bridge. when facing the glass bridge it is to the left. Some other Vaporetti may go to Rialto also ,but I know number 1 does, as i catch it to where I live when in Venice.

If you are staying a few days it might be worth your while to get a Venezia Unica travel card, it is much cheaper than individual tickets. Have a look on line. They charge visitors a lot more than local Italians, so it can be expensive without a card if you intend to use the vaporetti..

Venice, Italy
Destination Expert
for Venice, City of Venice
Level Contributor
7,680 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Marco Polo airport to Rialto bridge

The Alilaguna Orange line goes to Rialto direct from the airport for €15 per person, and is probably most convenient if you are staying on the San Marco side of Rialto. Also if you are staying on that side, and opt for the bus+vaporetto you can catch the n°2 line vaporetto to Rialto as well.

If you are staying on the San Polo side of Rialto, the Alilaguna Orange line stops at San Stae, which is a short walk from Rialto, and depending on where exactly you need to end up in San Polo, might be a good solution. Otherwise the n°1 line vaporetto calls at Rialto Mercato (closest to the bridge) and San Silvestro.

Penang Island...
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Marco Polo airport to Rialto bridge

Thanks a lot for ur useful info. I will stay at Venice for 5 days then move on to Vicenza for another 5 days biz trip. Abt the Venezia Unicameral Travel Card, us it can buy online or buy it when I arrive in Venice?

Venice, Italy
Level Contributor
1,600 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Marco Polo airport to Rialto bridge

Venezia Unica is a card that costs €40 and allows you to purchase tickets at significantly reduced fares as well as monthly travelcards.

It is only worth buying if you are staying for eight days or more.

Otherwise, buy a 12/24/36/48/72hrs/7days travelcard, prices are listed on http://www.actv.it/en/movinginvenice/prices (note that if you buy together your travelcard and a ticket for #5 Aerobus to/from the airport, you get a discount on this last one).

In any case, buy at your arrival.

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
46,839 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Marco Polo airport to Rialto bridge

The Alilaguna ferry is not included on the Travel card,

6. Re: Marco Polo airport to Rialto bridge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 January 2015, 06:18