We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Venice Airport to Hotel Canal

Which Venice hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Edwinstowe, United...
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Venice Airport to Hotel Canal

Hi I am booked to go to venice early feb, I am just looking for advice on whether to book a shared water taxi through travel republic or viator now to take me to my hotel or to get a transfer from the airport? Whats the easiest/cheapest/quickest option? Thanks in advance

Chorley, United...
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
18,467 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Venice Airport to Hotel Canal

Hotel Canal Grande or Hotel Canal.? Fortunately both are in the same area of Santa Croce and not a lengthy walk from Piazzale Roma. Simplest, cheapest and quite possibly quickest would e be to take the No 5 ACTV scheduled bus service or the ATVO express coach from Marco Polo to Piazzale Roma - both take around c. 20 minutes -and walk along the banks of the Grand Canal following any instructions your hotel may give you to find the precise location of your Hotel. The first is in Campo San Simeone Grande and the second in Calle della Casa Nove I believe though i have never been to either of them as they are a bit tucked away in the west of Venice.

I doubt if either a water taxi or the Alilaguna ferry from Marco Polo would be either cost effective or particularly useful for either or the Hotels

Venice
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
9,015 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Venice Airport to Hotel Canal

the first hotel is actually 2 minutes walk from Piazzale Roma . If you plan on booking a shared transfer book direct with venicelink rather than via an operator.

Edwinstowe, United...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Venice Airport to Hotel Canal

Its not grand hotel just hotel canal. I thought the water taxi dropped off at piazzale roma? And then I could just walk to the hotel? How much money would you recommend taking for 4 nights? For eating and drinking out every day too? Thanks for the help.

Edwinstowe, United...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Venice Airport to Hotel Canal

I have tried venice link but website seems to go back to Italian when I go through booking pages; am I doing something wrong?

Venice
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
9,015 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Venice Airport to Hotel Canal

www.venicelink.com/index.php…

Its working for me . If the Venicelink drops off in Piazzale Roma you might as well save your money and come in by bus unless you want the water experience in which case go for it.

As for money - its hard to say as everybody has different spending / eating tendencies. A snack lunch can be €10 - 15 roughly depending on what you want. Dinner can be from €20 a head pizza and a drink to whatever as Venice can cater for every taste !

6. Re: Venice Airport to Hotel Canal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 January 2015, 05:18