We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marco polo airport to lido

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Marco polo airport to lido

HI, can anyone tell me the cheapest route from the airpot to the lido,Im staying at Le boulvard hotel in feb, Would prefer one route as my husbands not good on his legs.

Venice
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
9,143 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Marco polo airport to lido

Alilaguna direct to Lido from the airport.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Marco polo airport to lido

Many thanks

St Albans
Level Contributor
10 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Marco polo airport to lido

strange, me too, to the same hotel in feb, read your thread hoping for advice, i think there is a boat that goes direct from the airport to the lido, and it a separate ticket from the vaporetto,

awaiting other responses

Edited: 16 January 2014, 01:10
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
86,117 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Marco polo airport to lido

As said in reply #1, you take an Alilaguna ferry from Marco Polo airport to Lido. These ferries are separate from the vaporetto services.

Venice, Italy
Level Contributor
1,600 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Marco polo airport to lido

Cheapest and most direct route from Marco Polo airport to Lido are two different routes, the second one being Alilaguna as said above and the first one being ACTV #5 Aerobus to Piazzale Roma then #1/#5.1/#6 waterbus to Lido. However Alilaguna dock is located some 500 meters away from the arrivals hall's exit door and has to be reached by foot.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Marco polo airport to lido

Thanks for you advice ive actually booked the ferry online last night, as said it goes straight from the arrival halls.

St Albans
Level Contributor
10 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Marco polo airport to lido

what are your views on the alilaguna? has quite a few negative reviews on this site,

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
46,642 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Marco polo airport to lido

The Alilaguna is a good way to go, it is not that quick but direct, cannot see why there are negative reviews,

Venice, Italy
Level Contributor
1,600 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Marco polo airport to lido

I think it gets bad reviews by people going to St.Mark's and surroundings, which takes a long time with Alilaguna, but to reach Lido it's fine.

St Albans
Level Contributor
10 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Marco polo airport to lido

well when we went in February we took the bus from the airport into Venice and then the Vaporetto to the Lido but when we returned to the airport we took the Alilaguna boat and it was fine. very helpful staff and comfortable boat, nice to see the other side of Venice. The sheltered walkway was a ten minute walk into the terminal. If we go back we will be taking the Alilaguna boat