We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ok, We're booked. Now I am fretting about hotels. Help!

Which Venice hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Clifton Park, New...
Level Contributor
478 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Ok, We're booked. Now I am fretting about hotels. Help!

Finally have booked our air to Italy. My husband, 19 yr old dtr and I will be arriving in Venice on March 15 for 4 nights before we move on to Bologna for the next 3 nights. We fly home from Bologna. I have spent months reading about these 2 cities but cannot decide about a hotel in Venice.

I have narrowed down that I want to stay near to the train station bec we will be training to Bologna. I am looking for a triple room, on a canal, private bath and some charm and decent breakfast. Am open to B&B or hotel. Trying to stay under 150 euro/night. We do not need elevator, room service, gym or many amenities.

I have researched many sites and have many poss. but cannot seem to narrow it down.

Hotel Abbazia,

Hotel Gardena

ai Due Fanali

Antiche Figure

Pausonia

Palazzo Guardi

Hotel Falier

Hotel Ca della Corte

I want this trip to be so special for the 3 of us but also, our budget is not unlimited.

Any thoughts from you nice people on TA or Destination Experts?

Linda

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
2,325 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Ok, We're booked. Now I am fretting about hotels. Help!

I have stayed at the Hotel Abbazia several times and love it. Even though it is very near the train station and its open piazza, the hotel is very quiet. It is also conveniently located near the vaporetti stops. The lounge in the Abazzia is quite lovely for a pre-dinner aperativo and there is a lovely garden to relax in. The bathrooms are modern and large and all rooms are decorated very comfortably and tastefully. Staff is very helpful.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
82,187 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ok, We're booked. Now I am fretting about hotels. Help!

Stop fretting. Venice is very small, and it does not matter very much where you stay.

The most important factor is to go to each hotel's web site and look for the page giving information on the hotel's location. This will almost always have a map showing how to reach the hotel. Look at this carefully to see how many canal bridges you will have to cross to reach the hotel. Each bridge has half dozen steps up one side and down the other, and they are a pain with luggage.

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Venice, Provence
Level Contributor
7,432 posts
441 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ok, We're booked. Now I am fretting about hotels. Help!

Check the reviews here on TripAdvisor for consistency and reserve the one you like best. That is it. No fretting necessary.

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
45,837 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ok, We're booked. Now I am fretting about hotels. Help!

March is not long off have you checked if these Hotels have vacancies ,

We have stayed at Palazzo Guardi,,very nice and a good location,

Wantagh, New York
Level Contributor
1,922 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ok, We're booked. Now I am fretting about hotels. Help!

We have also stayed at Hotel Abbazia....very much enjoyed it and the location...

Clifton Park, New...
Level Contributor
478 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ok, We're booked. Now I am fretting about hotels. Help!

I am waiting to hear back from Palazzo Guardi. It looks perfect.

Thanks Sophie8

Dordrecht, The...
Level Contributor
476 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ok, We're booked. Now I am fretting about hotels. Help!

As long as the hotel has all the amneties you're looking for, you're fine. Book something quick, though. You don't want to have airfare without a hotel...

Clifton Park, New...
Level Contributor
478 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ok, We're booked. Now I am fretting about hotels. Help!

We are booked at the Palazzo Guardi for 4 nights in a jr suite with canal view. I think we got a reasonable rate and even though I initially wanted to be nearer to the train station, I think we will love the Guardi.

Now, I will plan how to reach the hotel from the airport and look at the pass for the vaporetti.

I also like to have a few places to eat in each neighborhood. You never know where you will be when hunger strikes!

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
45,837 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ok, We're booked. Now I am fretting about hotels. Help!

It is a good choice, not far from the Accademia Vaporetto stop, which is your best arrival point, really very near the Hotel is Taverna San Trovaso, a very popular and reasonable Restaurant, Campo Santa Margarita and Campo San Barnaba, are both near by with a lot of Bars ans Restaurants,

Albuquerque,N.M.
Level Contributor
72 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Ok, We're booked. Now I am fretting about hotels. Help!

We are also booked at the Palazzo Guardi in July..............and hope to go to the same restaurant next door. Please let me know how you like everything when you return. Have a wonderful trip.