We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trying to choose between Hotel Al Cotega, Columbina or Flora

Which Venice hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago
Level Contributor
290 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Trying to choose between Hotel Al Cotega, Columbina or Flora

They all look nice. Mostly want to be close to sights, close to vaporetta and a beautiful hotel too (I know I want it all:)

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Chicago
Level Contributor
290 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trying to choose between Hotel Al Cotega, Columbina or Flora

I meant Hotel al Codega, sorry.

I've read tons of reviews, just hoping to get an insider's opinion.

Thanks!

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
46,127 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trying to choose between Hotel Al Cotega, Columbina or Flora

These Hotels are all well reviewed, but Venice is not big not always best to be so central to the tourist area,

Chicago
Level Contributor
290 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trying to choose between Hotel Al Cotega, Columbina or Flora

I can imagine the crowds, yes. Flora and Codega seem to both be a little quieter according to reviews. I want to be close because my mom has trouble walking long distances. She doesn't have a cane but she needs to rest often. It's her 80th birthday so I also want a special place.

Thanks!

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
46,127 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trying to choose between Hotel Al Cotega, Columbina or Flora

Can understand that, , go with any of them,

Venice
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
9,048 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trying to choose between Hotel Al Cotega, Columbina or Flora

The Codega and Colombina have the chance that you could get near in a water taxi but it is NOt guaranteed . The Flora is longest away from any vaporetto stop and thus more walking would be involved. The Codega is lovely and in a quiet courtyard yet very central. It is a flat walk from the Rialto which means if you have to walk there are no bridges to cross ( thinking of luggage) The Columbina would be further. Again it is a lovely hotel.

Chicago
Level Contributor
290 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trying to choose between Hotel Al Cotega, Columbina or Flora

Thank you so much, that is very helpful advice.

I guess because it's my mom's birthday and she has certain tastes for décor and food. Looking at the pictures, it seems that Hotel Flora has more charm. Codega looks great too, just sort of bland, less colorful, am I wrong? Maybe the charm doesn't come through in the pictures....Rosa, you seem to know the hotels well, so I appreciate your advice

ps, I've ruled out Columbina due to some bad reviews

Edited: 28 January 2014, 17:59
Chicago
Level Contributor
290 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trying to choose between Hotel Al Cotega, Columbina or Flora

The Hotel Flora website says they're a "3 minute walk" from the San Marco vaporetto station, is that true?

Venice
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
9,048 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trying to choose between Hotel Al Cotega, Columbina or Flora

I would say slightly more but again its a flat walk. I haven't been in the Flora for years but it used to be nice.

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Venice, Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur
Level Contributor
7,857 posts
446 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Trying to choose between Hotel Al Cotega, Columbina or Flora

I have not stayed at the other two, but stayed at Hotel Flora several times. It is very charming, very well managed, and close enough to San Marco but situated within a quiet alley. I think they use a water dock of the next door property, but I cannot be sure since we did not arrive/depart via water taxi. There is also a lovely bar and saloon, good breakfast and someone said they now serve light meals but, again, I am not sure. It has been a few years since we stayed there. I can make it two minutes from the San Marco vaporetto stop but, clearly, it depends who is walking. There is one bridge to cross, so that you know.

10. Re: Trying to choose between Hotel Al Cotega, Columbina or Flora

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 January 2015, 07:18