We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Doge's Palace Secret Itineraries and Clock Tower

Which Venice hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Doge's Palace Secret Itineraries and Clock Tower

My wife and I are travelling to Venice for the first time in March, and we intend to do the Doge's Palace Secret Itineraries tour and the Clock Tower tour. We also plan on getting the Rolling Venice card (we are both under 29), which would save us €22 combined for the two tours. My problem is that the Rolling Venice card cannot be purchased in advance since it requires proof of age.

Is it possible to purchase tickets for these tours upon our arrival in Venice, after we have our Rolling Venice cards? And considering we will be in Venice in early March, is it likely that there will still be tickets available when we get there?

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
46,258 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Doge's Palace Secret Itineraries and Clock Tower

The tours are restricted in numbers, and quite popular, so to be sure you need to book in advance,

Chorley, United...
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
18,577 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Doge's Palace Secret Itineraries and Clock Tower

Early March, after Carnivale, is not a busy time. Venice becomes very busy at Easter and remains busy until the end of October. Not that Venice is ever very quiet, even so best to book in advance perhaps a few days.

Jersey City, New...
Level Contributor
339 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Doge's Palace Secret Itineraries and Clock Tower

What are the dates for carnival this year?

Australia
Level Contributor
1,449 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Doge's Palace Secret Itineraries and Clock Tower

This year, the dates are from 22 February to 4 March.

Jersey City, New...
Level Contributor
339 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Doge's Palace Secret Itineraries and Clock Tower

Thank you Yvonne, I'm going to miss it by about 4 days :(

Scotland
Level Contributor
389 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Doge's Palace Secret Itineraries and Clock Tower

Hi Danali.....I am just back from Venice and tried to book secret tour online before I went but had problems. I turned up on Sunday morning at Doges Palace and had not a bit of problem booking. Methinks March would still be relatively quiet and don't think you will have a problem. Was definitely worth it and recommend it. Enjoy the trip x Maggi x

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
46,258 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Doge's Palace Secret Itineraries and Clock Tower

Good it was worth your while Maggit, and hope the Grandson enjoyed, would always try to book in advance

you were lucky to get a place,

Scotland
Level Contributor
389 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Doge's Palace Secret Itineraries and Clock Tower

Thanks Sophie and yes he loved the tour and I did also. I do agree that online booking in advance is always got to be preferable especially as it gets busier but was quiet and I was lucky x

9. Re: Doge's Palace Secret Itineraries and Clock Tower

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 February 2015, 05:28