We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Area closest to main attractions

Which Venice hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
132 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
Area closest to main attractions

Would like to go to Venice for our 1st wedding anniversary in June. I have had major heart surgery so need to stay somewhere that is central to all the main attractions & sites so I'm not walking miles. Which area would be best please? Thank you for your help

adelaide
Level Contributor
1,670 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Area closest to main attractions

stay near St Marks square

or between St Marks and Rialto Bridge

that is a 5 or 10 minute walk

I think Venice is much smaller than you are thinking

Level Contributor
1,251 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Area closest to main attractions

it takes half an hour by feet to go from the station to saint mark's square. All major sites are in the middle.

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
46,005 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Area closest to main attractions

There is a good Vaporetto (Water Bus ) service should you not want to walk,

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Venice, Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur
Level Contributor
7,724 posts
445 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Area closest to main attractions

Happy Anniversary, Nursie!! What an awesome place to celebrate you picked!

Yes, not a problem to navigate Venice via vaporetto. On foot is pretty easy also, but I understand that you may want to be closer to the center of things, so to speak. Technically, Venice is compact enough to stay in almost any area. I think in your case, I would pick a hotel in San Marco. I think you would have an easier time. Take a look at Hotel Flora or Hotel Saturnia. Both are very nice places to stay and just a few minutes' walk to the vaporetto and Piazza San Marco.

Cortland, New York
Level Contributor
3,386 posts
303 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Area closest to main attractions

We enjoyed Hotel Saturnia, and the location is fantastic! We were able to run "home" frequently to drop off stuff easily while we were out enjoying Venice. Very close to piazza San Marco, and has a back door to be dropped off by water taxi when arriving.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
132 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Area closest to main attractions

Thank you very much Anna-Roz. Really looking forward to our trip. We will definitely check out your hotel suggestions.

Thank you to the rest of the posters too.

7. Re: Area closest to main attractions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 February 2015, 06:20