We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Pizza In Venice

London, United...
Level Contributor
76 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Best Pizza In Venice

Any advice on the best pizza restaurant in Venice? Somewhere to sit down and eat rather than take away.

Venice Walking Tour and Gondola Ride
2,601 reviews
from US$54.70*
Dolomite Mountains Small-Group Day...
718 reviews
from US$188.43*
Special Offer
Skip the Line: Venice in One Day...
3,442 reviews
from US$81.45*
US$88.74
Legendary Venice St. Mark's Basilica...
193 reviews
from US$79.02*
UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
46,839 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Pizza In Venice

This link may help you, we also like Casa Mia in Cannaregio,

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g187870-i57-k700…

Venice, Italy
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
635 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Pizza In Venice

Pizza isn't really a traditional Venetian food, since pizza is actually native to southern Italy.

A number of places offer it, but why not enjoy something more traditionally Venetian? Fegato; baccala ; sarde in saor? I'm sure other posters will add their own favourites!

Venice, Italy
Destination Expert
for Venice, City of Venice
Level Contributor
7,680 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Pizza In Venice

There are a number of places where I will indulge a pizza in Venice more readily than others, though I agree, it is usually a choice of necessity more than preference, as AbsalomLucca implies. Ae Ocche is usually a good pizza, though the restaurants (outside the original Santa Croce location) are usually very noisy indoors, and when there is outdoor seating (es. Zattere) not wonderfully efficient service.

In Cannaregio, Casa Mia, Alle Campane, Tre Archi, and Bella Pollastrella all still make quite a decent pizza, but usually nothing to write home about for those that have ever been to Naples. But in Venice they are probably preferable. Nono Risorto (on the San Polo Santa Croce border) used to have my favorite pizza, but since they changed management over a year ago (at that point they still had the same pizzaiolo, but not the same kitchen staff, and I ate very mediocre pasta), I had a couple of very bad experiences, so I do not know how the pizza (or service) is any more.

I would generally still usually prefer a Venetian pasta dish (es. "spaghetti alla busera"), or a good risotto to a pizza, but of course it depends on the mood.

Just to be clear, as I grew up in one of the test areas for the original Big Mac, I will not disdain a quick McDonalds lunch when in a hurry, though I realize it is no substitute for one of the many alternatives... and definitely not something I do when I am trying to enjoy a vacation.

P.S. when I am at Casa Mia as well, I am usually more tempted by the pasta or frittura than the pizza.

Edited: 09 February 2014, 21:45
4. Re: Best Pizza In Venice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 February 2015, 06:19