We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need to decide on a hotel in Venice.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
5 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Need to decide on a hotel in Venice.

My family, two adults and two young girls 9 and 13 will be arriving in Venice for the first time. Looking at trip advisor's reviews it seems that all hotels are perfect. Could anyone give me recommendations? We will be arriving in June for three nights. Many thanks.

Chorley, United...
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
18,656 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Need to decide on a hotel in Venice.

You can choose a Hotel in any area in Venice as all the sestiere are very safe, clean and have much to offer visitors. Nothing, or at least very little, is cheap in Venice, partly because it is an island and everything has to be brought in by boat and transhiped and then laboriously man-handled as the city is entirely pedestrianised and partly because it is a very popular destination but space to build more Hotels is not really available. practically all Hotels are adaptations of old, often very old buildings and conversion costs are high.

I suggest you check through the Tripadvisor Venice Hotels list, by clicking on the button on the left of this page, and read the user comments carefully as they reflect personal idiosyncrasies.

When my wife and I first started to visit vencie we stayed in Hotels all over Vencie but for the last dozen years or so we have restricted ourselves to Dorsoduro sestiere which is a little less busy than around San Marco and the Rialto but within easy walking distance of all area of interest. It has the advantage of containing some excellent art galleries and also good bars and restaurants - an important consideration for me but not for those on a diet!

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
46,846 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Need to decide on a hotel in Venice.

Really do consider B&B's they really are good value, and with luggage somewhere near a Vaporetto (Water Bus) stop is a bonus,

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
5 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Need to decide on a hotel in Venice.

Thank you again for responding. I was thinking about Antiche Figure. Has anyone stayed there

or familiar with this hotel?

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
46,846 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Need to decide on a hotel in Venice.

The Antiche figure, is a popular Hotel with very good reviews on here, good location on the Grand Canal near the Railway Station,

boston
Destination Expert
for Christiansted
Level Contributor
2,697 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Need to decide on a hotel in Venice.

I was able to purchase two rooms at the Hilton Molino Stucky in early June for $177 per room per night using Hotwire. Just thought I'd add that to your mix. Your kids might like having a rooftop pool.

Wantagh, New York
Level Contributor
2,016 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Need to decide on a hotel in Venice.

2 of our favorite hotels is Pensione Accademia in Dorsoduro and Hotel Abbazia near the station....

Allegan Michigan
Level Contributor
80 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Need to decide on a hotel in Venice.

Have you considered a couple of rooms at a B&B? we stayed at the Sandra B&B our last Venice trip and found it a pleasant and less expensive option. And we did not spend much time in the rooms!

18. Re: Need to decide on a hotel in Venice.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 February 2015, 05:20