We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transportation from Marco Polo to hotel

nj
Level Contributor
324 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
transportation from Marco Polo to hotel

I am thinking of staying at the Locanda Vivaldi Hotel later this year and am wondering the best way to arrange transportation from the airport to the hotel for two people after a very long flight. What is the easiest way to get from the airport to boat dock? Some one recommended having a driver pick us us from baggage claim area and go to dock area? How would I do this and what can I expect to pay for this? Also is www.motoscafivenzia.it the best way to arrange a water taxi? i think, I saw a price of of about 100 euros-would this be a private taxi for two? Can anyone direct me to a website or posting to clarify Venice travel for a first timer?

As always thanks to all of you at Tripadvisor!

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Locanda Vivaldi
Hotel Locanda Vivaldi
959 Reviews
Venice, Italy
Venice
Venice
City of Venice, Italy
Venice
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
9,542 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: transportation from Marco Polo to hotel

The walk from baggage reclaim to the dock is about 5 minutes - flat so non need for minibus transport unless you find walking difficult - Robert does it but he is 84 and has problems walking.

You can pre book either with motoscafi or venezia taxi. , Go to the desk immediately after baggage reclaim and the will direct you to the port. Yes that is the price for a private boat .

nj
Level Contributor
324 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: transportation from Marco Polo to hotel

Thank you. Are motoscafi or venzia two different websites is it just www.motoscafivenzia.it? If you pre book your tickets what happens if your flight is delayed? Also, just wondering, if it is raining and we don't want to walk what is the easiest way to get to the port?

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
35,987 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: transportation from Marco Polo to hotel

Your hotel's own website tells you exactly how to get there by various different means.

If taking a water taxi, whether private or shared, there is a free shuttle that goes from the airport terminal to the boat dock for water taxis. The website for the water taxi operators is http://motoscafivenezia.it/eng/ although you can book through a number of other agencies.

A private transfer from the airport to central Venice costs about €100 for however many you are (up to 5, I think), see www.venicelink.com/index.php… - a SHARED transfer costs from €21, see www.venicelink.com/index.php…

For general transport information see tripadvisor.com/Travel-g187870-s301/Venice:I… and tripadvisor.com/Travel-g187870-s302/Venice:I… - the company that operates both land buses and water buses is ACTV: http://www.actv.it/en/movinginvenice/prices

They also sell through Venezia Unica, www.veneziaunica.it/en/content/main-catalogue

Mentioned in this post
Venice
Venice
City of Venice, Italy
Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
35,987 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: transportation from Marco Polo to hotel

Sorry seems the former airport-boat dock shuttle service (like a sort of golf cart?) either no longer exists or is/was only for handicapped people, but there is this private company that does it: veneziaportaest.com/en/services/car-rental-w…

Edited: 23 February 2014, 19:08
Venice
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
9,542 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: transportation from Marco Polo to hotel

The shuttle was a bus and this no longer exists. For handicapped people or other. I do not recommend you use porta est. as they will charge a fortune for such a short distance

The walk way is covered and the only uncovered bit is the road that you cross.

Do not book via agencies as prices are higher go direct to the taxi companies . www.veneziataxi.it is one I mentioned as consorzio .

Prices are now up to 4 people per boat with a supplement for every person / additional bag

If your flight is delayed there is no extra charge as the company has your flight details and they can see if it is delayed.

Edited: 23 February 2014, 19:34
nj
Level Contributor
324 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: transportation from Marco Polo to hotel

Thank you all for your help!

7. Re: transportation from Marco Polo to hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 February 2015, 06:16