We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Venice to Rovinj in Croatia

Perth Australia
Level Contributor
140 posts
159 reviews
Save Topic
Venice to Rovinj in Croatia

In June 2014 we will be coming from Milan into Venice and then onto Rovinj in Croatia. We are not sure if we can take a ferry from Venice to Rovinj OR a train from Venice to Trieste and then a bus to Rovinj. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Ross

Venice
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
9,146 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Venice to Rovinj in Croatia

Venicelines go to Croatia they leave in the afternoon. You can take the train and then the bus , but I would hVe thought there would be a few changes to get to Rovinj....

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
30,831 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Venice to Rovinj in Croatia

Ferry www.venezialines.com

Trains to Trieste www.trenitalia.com Click on the UK flag for current train times

Buses from Trieste to Croatia www.autostazionetrieste.it

Perth Australia
Level Contributor
140 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Venice to Rovinj in Croatia

Thank you both for your replies. This has been most helpful.

Perth Australia
Level Contributor
140 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Venice to Rovinj in Croatia

I am doing something wrong. I found the Trenitalia website. But when I try to book it wants me to register (but I must live in Italy..and I am in Australia) or it says "Book without registering". When I click on that choice nothing happens.

I would have thought it would be easy but I cannot book anything on this site. What am I doing wrong?

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Zadar
Level Contributor
1,426 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Venice to Rovinj in Croatia

Hi, I am no expert as I haven't booked train ticket for Italy yet but I know there is a train timetable change on the 15th of June and you are not able to book after that date. What day in June are you trying to book for? I have also read that you don't have to register to book.

You will love Rovinj it is really beautiful. I just hope it won't be too busy when you are there. Just wondering if it would be easier just to get the ferry from Venice to Rovinj? I have been to Rovinj a couple of times but that was travelling within Croatia.

Perth Australia
Level Contributor
140 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Venice to Rovinj in Croatia

Thanks Zadafan. We are from Perth also and will be traveling in early June. Rovinj sounds lovely. Yes, we are taking a train from Milan to Venice and then are trying to decide the best way to Rovinj from Venice. Either ferry, bus or train via Trieste.

7. Re: Venice to Rovinj in Croatia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 March 2014, 12:05
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
30,831 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Venice to Rovinj in Croatia

There is an update of the train schedule in June.

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Zadar
Level Contributor
1,426 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Venice to Rovinj in Croatia

Hi Pisang, hasn't it been hot here. As Sam L said you should hire a car and drive to the hilltowns. Groznjan is my favourite. Once you get used to driving on the other side of the road it is really easy to drive in Croatia.

Perth, Australia
7 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Venice to Rovinj in Croatia

Hi Pisang...you can catch the train to Trieste and then book a private transfer from Trieste to Rovinj from Connecto transfers for 120 euros. It's aprox 1hr25 mins to Rovinj with the private transfer instead of the 3 hours by bus.

https://www.connecto-taxi.com

Enjoy your holiday. You will love Rovinj.