We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Community swimming pool Venice

Which Venice hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
bristol
Level Contributor
75 posts
Save Topic
Community swimming pool Venice

I understand there is a swimming pool open to public in the north of Venice Calle del Capitello near Campo Sant’ Alvise does any one have information on this pool its size, opening times etc?

Seattle
Destination Expert
for Grand Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
8,786 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Community swimming pool Venice

My husband swam in that pool many times during our stay the month of October. It is a 25 meter pool, very nice. He paid per visit (6€or so) but you can also buy a book of tickets. The schedule for lap swimming for the public is a bit complicatd and varies by day of the week. We just stopped by and picked up a schedule at the main desk.

Be surveyor take a swim cap and shower shoes ( sandals). Both are required. Also, don't try to dolphin kick underwater too far---my husband got scolded for that!

Seattle
Destination Expert
for Grand Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
8,786 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Community swimming pool Venice

I should add there is also a public pool on Giudecca, a very nice one with windows on the lagoon. My husband swam there ten years ago, but we did not go back this time because of the vaporetto cost. But if you will have vaporetto passes it might be worth a look too.

Venice, Italy
Destination Expert
for Venice, City of Venice
Level Contributor
7,555 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Community swimming pool Venice

Both are run now by the same organization, but the Sant'Alvise pool seems to have a less regular website, for now, so the best bet is to visit ahead of time in person.

Venice
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
9,049 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Community swimming pool Venice

Heart st Alvise is no longer rari nantes but the ones from Terraglio.... last year rari nantes took over in the interim however they diddn't want to carry on.

They seem to be improving things slowly - starting with the showers!!!!!

Venice, Italy
Destination Expert
for Venice, City of Venice
Level Contributor
7,555 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Community swimming pool Venice

Thanks, my daughter switched from swimming last year to free climbing this year (other end of the complex), so I hadn't noticed the change of personnel at the pool, since the free climbing staff is separate and hadn't changed.

…venezia.it/flex/… has the dimensions (10.5x25m, 5 lanes I think) and a picture (and descriptions in Italian), but I don't know the site of the new managing company, if there is one, with the hours.

www.rarinantesvenezia.it/attivita.php… has the open swim hours at the Giudecca pool, which is also a few lanes wider.

6. Re: Community swimming pool Venice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 March 2015, 06:19