We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gondola Class

Which Venice hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Boston...
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Topic
Gondola Class

Does anyone know if there is just one company that does Gondola Classes or are there more? Getting a bit confusing between various websites with information.

Would like to contact the correct site to ask questions.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
102 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Gondola Class

Try www.rowvenice.org

We had a lesson with them last year and it was fabulous!

South Salem, New...
Level Contributor
22 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gondola Class

Apparently Row Venice is very good. I'm going to Venice in April and just booked a lesson. But, the boats are NOT gondola based on my research.

3. Re: Gondola Class

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 15 March 2014, 18:59
Venice
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
9,015 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gondola Class

The boats row venice use are sandalo tyoe - there are still a few sandalo gondolas in Venice. Gloria Rogliani ( polisportiva venexiana) might offer a gondola rowing lesson.

Venice, Italy
Destination Expert
for Venice, City of Venice
Level Contributor
7,491 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gondola Class

I can confirm that Gloria Rogliani does do rowing lessons ( www.lagunavenice.com ) for both children and adults. I have seen many of her lessons (both rowing and other sport activities my daughters have participated in over the years) and have to say she has a very contagious enthusiasm for all she does, including rowing (she has been a Regata Storica champion many more times than once, and the wall of her gym is covered with all her regata prize flags - probably about a hundred I would think).

Surrey
Level Contributor
2,367 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Gondola Class

I can also thoroughly recommend RowVenice - a wonderful experience and a way of supporting traditional Venice.

Boston...
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Gondola Class

Do you know if they do the classes in more shallow lagoons? I hope so because I am not a great Swimmer.

Plus if she does lessons with children then she will be fun as long as I can get wear a gondola hat and a pink striped gondola shirt (to be a lady gondola with spirit).

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
102 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Gondola Class

When we got out to the lagoon, our instructor demonstrated the depth of the water with her oar, it was less than 2 feet deep! I believe it was low tide at the time. If you fall out, just stand up. The boat used is quite wide in the beam and pretty stable, they are teaching beginners after all. Sundays are a good day for lessons, as there are fewer work boats out, so the water is calm.

How old are your children? If you look at the Row Venice website, you will see photos of children taking the lesson with their family.

Boston...
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Gondola Class

No children.

Just thinking if she can handle teaching children she definitely can handle adults.

Adults can be the worst learners because we are so set in our ways and depending upon who you get in a group it can be fun or a total annoying event.

10. Re: Gondola Class

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 March 2015, 05:18