We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Another Transport Question

London
Level Contributor
1,651 posts
138 reviews
Save Topic
Another Transport Question

Hello

As someone who has no sense of direction and finds the whole Venice transport system more than a bit overwhelming, I would really appreciate your help!

I will be arriving at MP on a Sunday afternoon in May and need to get to the Guglie stop. I think I can take the Alilaguna or the 5.2 vaporetto to Guglie from the airport (or is it from another stop)? Is this right and if so, would you recommend one over the other?

If you recommend the vaporetto is it right that the trip can't be included in the travel cards and I would have to buy an "add on"?

Finally (for now), when I get to Guglie is the stop well sign-posted?

Many thanks.

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
47,082 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Another Transport Question

It is a Arancio line Alilaguna ferry which stops at Guglie from the Airport, this is not included in the Venice Travel card,

Venice, Italy
Destination Expert
for Venice, City of Venice
Level Contributor
7,727 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Another Transport Question

The Alilaguna Orange line is the boat you need from Marco Polo Airport. The stops all have signs indicating the name in large black letters on a yellow background. You will also be able to recognize it as it will be the first stop after you pass under the first bridge, after turning left into the Cannaregio Canal. Before that point you will be in the open lagoon with open water on one side, while in the Cannaregio Canal you have quays on both sides of the canal.

London
Level Contributor
1,651 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Another Transport Question

Thank you both. If I buy a return ticket for the Alilaguna, is there a time limit in which to use it? I am arriving on a Sunday and returning on the Thursday.

4. Re: Another Transport Question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 March 2015, 04:16