We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tavel card help?

Which Venice hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Tavel card help?

Me and my partner purchased a e day bus/water travel card and it has now expired, are question is we need to make one more journey into Venice but don't really have the budget to pay another 30/40 Euro's. Since we have been here we have made the trip in and out if venice about 20 times and not once has our travel card been checked or looked at on the bus? Is this common practice in Venice? Not one have I seen anyone else validate there ticket, just us?

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
82,287 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tavel card help?

A single journey into Venice (from exactly where) will not cost €30. There are ticket inspectors on buses and vaporetti, with hefty fines for those without valid tickets.

Residents of Venice will usually have travel passes that do not need to be validated on each trip.

Venice
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
8,963 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tavel card help?

Presume you are on the mainland. Buy a single bus tickets and use on bus then walk when you are in venice, or take the train again mestre to Venice is €1.50 I think or it could be €1.30 .

If you are on the lido then it is €7 each way for a vaporetto ticket . it might make more sense to get a 24 hr pass.

There are inspectors and a fine is much higher than the cost if your ticket.

Venice, Italy
Level Contributor
1,600 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Tavel card help?

The train ticket between Mestre (any station) and Venice costs €1,25 one way.

There is a special fare for those staying at Lido, €10 including a round trip with buses in Lido and a round trip to San Zaccaria with waterbus line 14.

4. Re: Tavel card help?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 April 2015, 06:16