We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus #5 Questions

Canada
Level Contributor
243 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Bus #5 Questions

We will be arriving in Venice via cruise ship, and will be spending the night either at the Best Western Titian or the Hilton Garden Inn Mestre. Both hotels are accessible via Bus #5 from Piazzale Roma.

I have heard that Bus #5 from Piazzale Roma to the airport is not included in the 24 hour (20 Euro) transportation pass. However, my questions are:

[1] Would the Bus #5 from Piazzale Roma to either hotel be included in the transportation pass, or would we need to pay the extra 6 Euro?

[2] Would the Bus #5 from the hotel to the airport be included in the transportation pass?

Also, how late does the bus #5 run on a Saturday night from Piazzale Roma? How early does it depart on Sunday morning from Piazzale Roma?

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
32,445 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus #5 Questions

1. As it says on www.actv.it/en/movinginvenice/movinginvenice , "The Travel Cards .. allow unlimited travel and can be used on all the services - both waterborne (..) and on land - that provide urban services within the municipality ("Comune") of Venice (land services on the Lido and in Mestre EXCEPT LAND-BUS ROUTES FOR JOURNEYS HAVING VENICE MARCO POLO AIRPORT AS DEPARTURE OR ARRIVAL POINT)" (in Italian "esclusi viaggi da o per l’aeroporto Marco Polo"). As you would not be travelling to the airport but to Mestre, you can use your travel card on any bus from P. Roma to Mestre, including #5 but also e.g. #2 and #7 (see list of lines on (www.actv.it/en/movingmainland/urbanlines).

2. No.

3. See http://www.actv.it/pdf/UM/U-5.pdf

Edited: 03 April 2014, 18:17
Canada
Level Contributor
243 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus #5 Questions

Thank you so much!

Canada
Level Contributor
243 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus #5 Questions

One more question -

Does the 24 hour travel card plus airport option (24 Euro) include travel from a hotel to the airport, or must the travel to the airport originate in Venice? I assume yes, as the website states

"For an extra charge of € 4,00 for one-way journeys only, or of € 8,00 for return journeys, all tourist travel cards (12, 24, 36, 48, 72 hours and 7 days) may be used on the land-bus routes for journeys having Venice Marco Polo Airport as departure or arrival point, otherwise be excluded."

Venice, Italy
Level Contributor
1,600 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus #5 Questions

You got the answer by yourself!

dallas, Tx
Level Contributor
308 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus #5 Questions

Please be aware that you would have to use the return ticket to the airport DURING the 24 hrs validity of the card and NOT AFTER expired, cos the ACTV will not accept it as valid ( I do not know why); there has been an example in this forum today. I would be better to buy the ticket to Marco Polo separately, and NOT included in the travel card, only 6 Euros.

6. Re: Bus #5 Questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 April 2015, 05:17