We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Scala del Bovolo

Preston, Lancs
Level Contributor
45 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
Scala del Bovolo

Following recommendations on Trip Adviser about Scala del Bovolo I booked a walking trip/gondola ride via Venicelink which takes in this Scala. It was something we planned to try to find so this was a bonus, at €21 each (on offer from €42) we can always try to find it again on our own later :) We weren't particularly bothered about a gondola ride but as we didn't do it last time we might as well as it's included.All this was done at 4:30 this morning when I couldn't sleep as there's so much going on in my mind at the moment, in a good way of course!

Venice Tours
City Tours, Taxis & Shuttles, Gondola Cruises
AroundVenice
Boat Tours, Gondola Cruises
Venice, Italy
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
660 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Scala del Bovolo

As far as I am aware (and I haven't been around that way for a few weeks), Scala del Bovolo, which has been closed to visitors for some time,has not re-opened, so you probably won't be able to climb the stairs. However, it is possible to view the exterior, which is a marvel in itself

Preston, Lancs
Level Contributor
45 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Scala del Bovolo

I appreciate that it's closed at the moment, will be happy with the outside, hubby will be happy to take photos :)

Chorley, United...
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
18,954 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Scala del Bovolo

It is a fascinating piece of wacky Renaissance architecture built around the end of 15th century. If it has, by any good fortune, reopened there is a god view from the top.

UK
Level Contributor
1,605 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Scala del Bovolo

Nearer, my God, to Thee at the top of the stairs.

Ocean City, MD
Level Contributor
12,361 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Scala del Bovolo

Trying to find the Scala del Bovolo (snail) was one of the best days I had in Venice. I saw so much while wandering down alleyways and streets - then lo and behold there it was. There wasn't another person around and it was the end of September.

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g187870-d1…

Have a wonderful visit.

Chorley, United...
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
18,954 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Scala del Bovolo

It is good to be nearer to god

Level Contributor
13 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Scala del Bovolo

There is an interesting view looking down on the Scala del Bovolo from the top of the Campanile in San Marco square. I have proof in the form of photos, taken around sunset.

8. Re: Scala del Bovolo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 April 2015, 05:15