We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

booking hotel in venice

Which Venice hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
1 post
Save Topic
booking hotel in venice

hello everyone..we r going to explore venice. i just wanted to know where i have to book the hotel ..as we r coming by train to venice..so should i book a hotel near lucia train station or near any other landmarks so that it becomes easy to roam around. thank u

Ocean City, MD
Level Contributor
9,453 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: booking hotel in venice

Venice is quite walkable and compact, the map in your guidebook will show you the proximity of the sites.

www.venere.com and www.booking.com are two sites where you can look for a hotel/B&B/apt. by location, price and amenities - read the reviews!!! The star systems is different in Italy, i.e. a star for having an elevator.

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
45,842 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: booking hotel in venice

Venere is very good as it gives availability , at least you then know where a Hotel has vacancies

Bordentown, New...
Level Contributor
4 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: booking hotel in venice

Go directly to the hotel site for the best rates. I really don't suggest staying near the train station. Try Hotel Ala,i have stayed there for many years now and see no reason to change!

NY
Level Contributor
3,562 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: booking hotel in venice

If you are coming by train, then staying near, and on the same side of the canal as the station, you do not have to cart your luggage over any bridges or onto a vaporetto.

Of course this is your choice, but I have stayed in that location and there are a number of acceptable hotels there. It is some distance from say St Mark's but also usually less expensive and vaporetto stops like in front of the station.

5. Re: booking hotel in venice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 April 2015, 06:16