We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Murano and or burundi

Which Venice hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Boston...
Level Contributor
63 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Murano and or burundi

We will only have 2 full days in venice. We are considering one or the other island and thinking of maybe staying late, after the cruise line folks depart and maybe getting dinner.

First which island? Besides the glass factory which would be nice but not a major issue. What are the different flavors of the 2 islands? How late can we stay and still get back to hotel in venice without paying a crazy price?

Philadelphia...
Destination Expert
for Rio de Janeiro
Level Contributor
18,366 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Murano and or burundi

Burano is an astoundingly beautiful place. Not to be missed. (Murano is not quite as nice as Burano, but if you have the time, a visit there might be fun also.)

http://bit.ly/I7cG1u

http://bit.ly/U0nML7

cheshire, england
Level Contributor
5,194 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Murano and or burundi

Hi Elaine, have you been to Venice before? Are you wanting to visit Murano or Burano so you can get away from the crowds - or do you particularly want to see one of the islands?

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Venice, Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur
Level Contributor
7,471 posts
441 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Murano and or burundi

If this is your first visit to Venice and with only two days, I would stay put and not go to the islands. If you insist, I would suggest only Burano. It is indeed lovely.

Venice
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
8,967 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Murano and or burundi

The cruise ships don't generally do trips to the islands ... However day trips are popular with excusion boats and they tend to leave around 16.30. Yes the islands are quieter but often shops close a bit earlier

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
45,862 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Murano and or burundi

Burano is very picturesque and it noted for Lace making, although a lot of it now is imported from the far East,

Venice, Italy
Level Contributor
1,600 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Murano and or burundi

You can basically stay as late as you want as Murano and Burano are connected to Venice 24h/24.

Chorley, United...
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
18,419 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Murano and or burundi

I assume you mean Burano and not a country in Africa. if you only have two full days in Venice and this is your first visit then i doubt you have time to spare to travel out to Burano, Murano maybe but there is an awful lot to see in Venice itself first so even Murano is a distraction.

Murano pales to insignificance compared with Venice so I suggest you but a good guide book for the city - I like those produced by DK, Time Out and Knopf - and read it before you set off on your travels. Then you can decide what your priorities are for sightseeing.

8. Re: Murano and or burundi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 May 2015, 06:15