We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get to hotel from the train station Santa Lucia

Greenwood, South...
Level Contributor
217 posts
359 reviews
Save Topic
How to get to hotel from the train station Santa Lucia

Hello,

We are unable to walk to the destination of the hotel where we will be staying in Venice this month. We arrive into the Santa Lucia train station. What is the transportation system to hotels on the canals? Do we need to contact our hotel or is there a station/place near the train station where we can board a water taxi for our destination?

Thank you so much for your help!

Venice Tours
City Tours, Taxis & Shuttles, Gondola Cruises
Il Doge di Venezia
Ferries, Day Trips, Taxis & Shuttles, Boat Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
10,733 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to get to hotel from the train station Santa Lucia

And, which hotel will you be staying?

In front of the station you can get a water taxi, or a vaporetto (water bus) to whichever stop you need to go.

Understand that not all hotels in Venice have a landing dock where a taxi can drop you off, or even a canal that a water taxi can navigate into.

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
48,462 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to get to hotel from the train station Santa Lucia

As the last post says, only by knowing where you are going to be staying, Can we advise you,

Greenwood, South...
Level Contributor
217 posts
359 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to get to hotel from the train station Santa Lucia

Hi and thank you for your super fast response. We are staying at the Boscola Venezia. It is easy to find on google maps from the train station, but I can't walk it due to wheelchair. Is there a specific # or "Letter" for the boat route that we need to get on. Do you speak Italian? I can use google translate, but fear incorrect dialect for Venetian in asking, "Which boat station/waiting area do we go to for the Boscola Venezia?"

Thanks, and hope to hear back from you,

Roz and Bill in SC, USA

Greenwood, South...
Level Contributor
217 posts
359 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How to get to hotel from the train station Santa Lucia

Hello Sophie,

We will be staying at the Bascola Venezia Marriott and as I mentioned above it is easy to find on google maps from the train station, but we have one in a wheelchair and can't do the 'walk' along with our luggage. I appreciate any advice that you can offer. We looked up water taxi's but oh my, they are mighty expensive! We are thinking about vaporette from the station to somewhere at least close to the hotel. I realize that it is on one of the smaller canals, so can you help us find where we 'get off' the vaporetto and what 'line' (route color or #) we take to get close and then walk from there.

I"ve called the Marriott in the States and they didn't know .... can you believe that?

Thanks,

Bill and Roz

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
43,678 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: How to get to hotel from the train station Santa Lucia

Is this where you are staying? If so, you might contact them directly via their email

Also, they have directions to the hotel and they mention a "free motor boat service" (I have no idea what that means) -

venezia.boscolohotels.com/contact-directions/

United States
Level Contributor
9,877 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How to get to hotel from the train station Santa Lucia

If you watch the hotel slide show, it will have a photo of the motor boat which is like a water taxi. I would think that trying to get a wheelchair user into that type of boat will be difficult. The hotel may have the best suggestions for your arrival.

There are several sites with information about accessible Venice.

www.sagetraveling.com/Venice-Disabled-Access

venice-tourism.com/en/Venice-Tourism/Itinera…

TAB

Greenwood, South...
Level Contributor
217 posts
359 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How to get to hotel from the train station Santa Lucia

MomCat....I didn't know this. I know that I saw a boat with the hotel name on the sides in some of the web photos, but when I called Marriott (in USA) they didn't know. I thank you so much. But if it costs what the water taxis do, then we'll go by a vaporetto. We're using reward points to stay in this hotel and are going to Venice as inexpensively (if possible) as we can, other than splurging on Italian food!!!

NY
Level Contributor
3,712 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How to get to hotel from the train station Santa Lucia

Yes, can well imagine that Marriott in the US would know nothing about this

Have you tried calling the hotel 39 041 2208111 or sending a message/email via the contact form on their website? They may be able to help you get there or give precise directions at least. There are stops along that side of Venice, but am sure you do not want to get hung up somewhere en route.

Perhaps someone with the exact info will reply

Water taxis can be expensive but the hotel is not exactly cheap either, and a water taxi might be your best bet - they could probably take you right to the hotel as it looks right on that small canal, but make sure the kind of landing for the wheelchair

Greenwood, South...
Level Contributor
217 posts
359 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How to get to hotel from the train station Santa Lucia

Dear TAB,

The wheelchair is foldable....I only need it when going long distances. Had surgery 2 years ago, all went well, now need another. I'm good for about 20 minutes of walking. Yes, I did see the photos on the web and as I mentioned above, I wonder if it is complimentary or has some huge fee attached. I will certainly check out the links that you so kindly took the time to give to us.

May good things happen to each of you who replied to me!

Bill and Roz

SC, USA

NY
Level Contributor
3,712 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How to get to hotel from the train station Santa Lucia

Re my tepid reply, here is the website I was looking at - it may be different from the others - click on "menu" at the top left to find their contact page for messages.

marriott.com/hotels/…

This partly depends whether the person can get out of the wheelchair to get into and out of a taxi or small boat - the vaporetto. are mainly easy to wheel on, but I do not think stop right outside your hotel.