We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vaporetto tickets

Which Venice hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sevenoaks, United...
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Topic
Vaporetto tickets

I find the ticketing arrangements for the vaporetti very confusing! If I take a No 2 from Rialto to Isola Di San Georgio and back to San Zaccaria, can I do this on a 7euro ticket or will I have to buy a ticket for each trip?

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for The Hebrides
Level Contributor
6,669 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vaporetto tickets

If you get off at San Giorgio that's two separate journeys for which you need two separate tickets. If you plan to use vaporetti very much it's definitely worth buying a pass.

Venice, Italy
Level Contributor
1,600 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Vaporetto tickets

Taking line 2 from Rialto to San Giorgio means taking a long route via Piazzale Roma, Tronchetto and Giudecca which brings you there in 57 minutes. Since tickets are valid for 60 minutes, you will need a new ticket for the San Giorgio - San Zaccaria leg (which, for this specifical ferry, costs €4 instead of €7).

If, otherwise, you reach by foot San Zaccaria from Rialto and take line 2 from there to San Giorgio and back, you need two separate ferry tickets (€4 + €4).

Chorley, United...
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
18,499 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vaporetto tickets

San Zaccaria to S.Giorgio takes 3 minutes according to the current timetable on the clockwise route. Sadly, though the 7 euro vaporetto ticket is valid for 60 minutes it is only valid for a journey in the same direction and is therefore not a return ticket. So for your proposed trip you will have to but a second ticket, hence the usefulness of the period passes which are valid in any direction.

However you could, if you only spend a short time on S. Giorgio Maggiore, continue in the same direction on the No 2 as far as the Zattere stop and then walk back through Dorsoduro and across the Accademia bridge. But a pity to cut short a visit to the island as the church is superb and the campanile gires a fine view of Venice.

4. Re: Vaporetto tickets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 May 2015, 06:17