We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cancellation of Reservation

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
2 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Cancellation of Reservation

I have been trying to cancel my reservation (way before 2 weeks notice - booked for August 1 & 2, 2014) and i can't get the Hotel confirmation on my cancellation. I have been sending emails to the hotel for the past 2-3 weeks and none seems to care - i don't wan to incur a penalty thats the reason why i want to have an email acknowledging my cancellation.

Did anyone experience the same problem?

They were super responsive when i was booking the room - answered all my requests/questions within a matter of minutes maybe one hour.

Val

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, East End
Level Contributor
5,793 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cancellation of Reservation

If you post the name of the hotel you might get more responses.

Keep records of your communications so you can dispute the charge with your credit card should they charge you.

B.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
41,755 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Cancellation of Reservation

Have you looked in your spam folder to see if their response ended up there. Hang onto your emails. I would call them to cancel and ask they confirmation of the cancelation and, if they don't send it, contact your bank and see what you need to do to ensure no charge is made to your card. Your numerous attempts at emailing them may help with you showing your bank you made the effort to cancel

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
2 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cancellation of Reservation

Thanks for your response - i have been saving the emails, and they haven't gone to spam - the emails during the reservation process always got into my inbox - there shouldn't be any problem with getting the "confirmation of the cancellation" but they might use that as an excuse. thanks again for your attention. Val

Knoxville, TN
Destination Expert
for Interlaken
Level Contributor
4,824 posts
316 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cancellation of Reservation

Why not just telephone them?

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
47,235 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cancellation of Reservation

I would agree phone them, most Hotels have staff that speak English,

6. Re: Cancellation of Reservation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 May 2015, 09:16