We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

family of 4 in Venice

Which Venice hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Asheville, North...
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
family of 4 in Venice

If we book a hotel that has a max occupancy of 3, but we are a family of 4 (ages 7 and 9), will the hotel mind? Charge more when we are there? Is that done?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
38,737 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: family of 4 in Venice

You absolutely have to tell them how many people there are when you book the room or they may well turn you away. Yes, they may charge more for the room but better than showing up and not having a room. Not sure why you think a hotel that has rooms for a "max" of three would be okay with a fourth person.

They will take the passport details from each guest as, by law, they must report that information to the authorities. Don't try to bypass this or you could end up being in a really miserable situation by not booking with the correct number. Look for "quad" rooms when searching for hotels - www.venere.com is a good site to use to find lodging.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: family of 4 in Venice

another alternative is to book an appartment in Venice through Airbnb which is what I have done...family of four also

Venice, Italy
Level Contributor
64 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: family of 4 in Venice

Hotels in Venice (and Italy) are based on occupancy, unlike other places such as North America. If the room is not legally permitted to hold 4 people, you can be - rightfully - turned away, as it is not possible in legal and insurance terms.

Asheville, North...
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: family of 4 in Venice

Thank you- I am now finding more quads as I look further- was feeling like we might have to squinch, but would much rather not do so and I definitely want to be sure before we cross the pond. Thanks for your input.

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
45,988 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: family of 4 in Venice

Put Quad rooms in the search box on this page, a few suggestions there,

Knoxville, TN
Destination Expert
for Interlaken
Level Contributor
4,710 posts
296 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: family of 4 in Venice

Even with a quad room you'll most likely not have near as much "room" to work with. Usually it just mean they were able to stuff another bed into the existing room. Keep your expectations reasonable and you won't be disappointed.

Phila., PA
Level Contributor
312 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: family of 4 in Venice

I second the suggestion for apartments. Family of 4 staying in the Jewish ghetto right now in a two bed apartment. Right at a vapoetto stop. We always use them for the room and the experience of lliving somewhat like a local. Check out booking.com if not comfortable booking an apartment directly - they have 1-2-3 bed apartments.

They tend to be the same or cheaper in price as well, but you give up included breakfast and room cleaning. We always rent in Europe and domestic travel if we can.

8. Re: family of 4 in Venice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 May 2015, 06:17