We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can I make my train

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Topic
Can I make my train

Hello all

I am on a cruise from July 22 to august 1 on MSC sailing fromVenice. The boat docks at 10 am. I was wondering if my DH, 2 DD and I would be able to walk to the train station to catch the 11:25 train to Rome

Special Offer
Skip the Line: Venice in One Day...
3,548 Reviews
from US$75.00*
Dolomite Mountains and Cortina 1-Day...
776 Reviews
from US$193.80*
Venice Walking Tour and Gondola Ride
2,575 Reviews
from US$56.30*
Special Offer
Venice Skip-the-Line: Doges Palace...
699 Reviews
from US$142.50*
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
9,475 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can I make my train

I wouldn't walk I would take a land taxi to mestre station- all trains stop at mestre from santa Lucia. It would take less time in a taxi than trying to walk with luggage from the port , up a slope into Pz roma over the. Ridge and into the station.

A less stressful way than walking would be to take the people mover 1 stop to piazzale roma and then walk .

Benson, Arizona
Level Contributor
4,266 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can I make my train

I would take another train….what happens if the boat doesn't dock when it is suppose to ….for me it would be less stressful to just take later train…

3. Re: Can I make my train

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 May 2015, 06:17
Follow this conversation!
Get notified when a new reply comes in.
Follow now