We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel to city center and luggage storage at airport

Which Venice hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
midwest
Level Contributor
23 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Travel to city center and luggage storage at airport

Arriving at the airport in Venice and wish to go St. Mark's square. What is the best transportation to St. Mark's and where is the storage area at the airport for our luggage until we return later in the day? Thanks!

Benson, Arizona
Level Contributor
4,242 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel to city center and luggage storage at airport

I don't think there is storage at the airport….only at the train station or at P. Roma.

If you take the bus from the airport to P. Roma you can leave your luggage there…then take the Vaporetto to St. Marks…not sure how much time you have…or how uch luggage

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
46,244 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel to city center and luggage storage at airport

I believe there is Left Luggage at Marco Polo Airport

see this post,

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g187870-i57-k734…

Chorley, United...
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
18,573 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel to city center and luggage storage at airport

How much time and money have you to spare? If time is short then the quickest way to Piazza San Marco is to take a private water taxi from the airport direct to Piazza San Marco. Journey time c. 20/25 minutes but not a cheap way to travel.

You can book a private water bus from the desks in the Arrivals Hall of consorziomotoscafivenezia or veneziataxi.

The route taking the bus or coach from Marco Polo to Piazzale Roma and then the No 2 water bus down the Grand Canal to San Zaccaria is much slower but much cheaper and does have the advantage of a journey down the Grand Canal and under the Rialto bridge.

Venice, Italy
Destination Expert
for Venice, City of Venice
Level Contributor
7,589 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel to city center and luggage storage at airport

veniceairport.it/en/at-the-airport/left-lugg… there is left luggage at Marco Polo.

Benson, Arizona
Level Contributor
4,242 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel to city center and luggage storage at airport

thank you sophie an I heart…I never knew that…go to know….

midwest
Level Contributor
23 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travel to city center and luggage storage at airport

Thanks for all your help.

7. Re: Travel to city center and luggage storage at airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 June 2015, 05:16