We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Regata Historica

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Regata Historica

Hello all,

I will be in Venice on the day of Regata Historica (Historical Regatta) Sept. 7th, with my 70 yr. old Mother, and as I would be interested in watching the event, I don't think my Mother will be interested in anything other than the parade.

I have two questions:

1) What time does the parade typically start? I have visited the official Regata Historica website and they do not have any timetables posted for the event yet, so I am trying to get an idea from past events and their start times.

2) Do the vaporetti run on the canal between Dorsoduro and Guidecca? I know that all water traffic on the Grand Canal stops during this event, but would like to know if water traffic stops in all of Venice or if we can still take water taxis on the front and back of Venice. Also, do the gondoliers still run on the back canals during the event?

Thanks for your help in advance!

Venice
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
9,444 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Regata Historica

Vaporetto timetables will be publshed about 4/5 days before hand. Generally the grand canal closes about 14.00 The parade starts generally about 15.30 and the races later.

The giudecca canal does not close. However the bacino of San mar o ( the basin does close)

Its called the regatta Storica ...no H needed :)

UK
Level Contributor
1,605 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Regata Historica

It's actually 'Regata Storica', even in Italian, which uses double consonants a lot more than Venetian does.

Boston...
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Regata Historica

Finding out specific info on races in Venice is difficult because Venicians just will say around this time etc. Where as American we are used to Schedules and Newspapers having to write it out in full.

Venice, Italy
Level Contributor
1,600 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Regata Historica

That's about Regata Storica 2013, so you can get an idea, timetables are *usually* pretty much the same year after year.

actv.it/en/navigazione/regatastorica2013modi…

Tel Aviv
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Regata Historica

Does anyone have any idea when tickets for tribune seating at San Toma will be available and how's much they cost.

I have seen nothing yet on the official reagatta storica website ,at least English one.

6. Re: Regata Historica

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 July 2015, 05:15