We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gondala

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
15 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Gondala

Is it best to pre book a Gondala ride for Late August or can this be arranged on the spot. If on the spot how is this done and what is the cost?

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
47,071 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gondala

There is no need to book in advance, , always plenty of Gondoliers around, and take a ride when you

feel you want it when the weather is right for one reason,

2. Re: Gondala

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12 June 2014, 16:35
uk
Level Contributor
472 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Gondala

uh-huh.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
15 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gondala

Thanks for that. How much are we looking at so we can get an idea we are not getting ripped off?

Tallahassee, Florida
Level Contributor
1,994 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Gondala

According to a recent post by I Heart Venice the rate is now 80 euro for 1/2 hour: tripadvisor.com/…57781050

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,434 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Gondala

There is an official set price for a gondola ride that includes up to six people. I don't recall the name of the website but google is your friend. Seems like it was about 80 euro. The site also has a map of the official gondola stations. IMO, I would not take a ride in a gondola on the Grand Canal There is a lot of traffic and the gondolas really can bob up and down. I'd go to one of the stations on a less busy canal.

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
47,071 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Gondala

This is the site with Gondola stations, the site with prices is out of date,

gondolieritravel.com/gondola/…

The prices are now €80 for 30 minutes in the day, and €100 fir 35 minutes after 7pm.

There is no need to pre book,

Maui, Hawaii
Level Contributor
76 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Gondala

Am I correct in understanding that it's a set price for up to 6? If you have a smaller party, is there an organized way to join others to split the fate, or do you make your own arrangements with other "stragglers" on the street?

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
47,071 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Gondala

It is a set price for up to 6 people,, it is up to you if you can find someone to share, usually a Gondola ride is a personal thing people I would of thought it best to be with their own party,

Rome, Italy
7 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Gondala

Yes it's a set price, but you can split it with up to 6 people. Right now, it is 80 Euros for the entire group.

You don't need to book ahead of time. You can just walk up and take a ride.