We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where To Stay In Venice with a Canal View

Which Venice hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
237 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Where To Stay In Venice with a Canal View

I will be in Venice with my wife for one night on September 18th. I am looking for a hotel or apartment with a balcony and a view of the canal. I am willing to spend around $250.

Let me know if anyone has any suggestions or if that is even possible.

Maryland
Level Contributor
1,432 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where To Stay In Venice with a Canal View

This thread discusses something similar tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187870-i57-k75620…

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
46,127 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where To Stay In Venice with a Canal View

Doubt you will get a apartment for 1 night, usually 3 nights minimum,

September is high season pricewise, not many Hotels with balconies and Canal view really your budget is low,

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
1,051 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where To Stay In Venice with a Canal View

try Abbazia Deluxe. It's near the train station and far from San Marco but that's where you can get canal view rooms with $250 per night

http://www.abbaziadeluxe.com/

Chorley, United...
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
18,502 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where To Stay In Venice with a Canal View

Rooms with canal views, especially of the Grand canal, tend to carry a high premium. I doubt you will find a room in a good comfortable Hotel for one night for $250 - this does not translate into many euros I am afraid as the exchange rate is not helpful for visitors from the USA

NE Victoria...
Level Contributor
2,672 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where To Stay In Venice with a Canal View

If it can be a view of any canal, and not necessarily the Grand Canal, this search on booking.com came up with various options for your date that were roughly (although not always) within your price range.

http://tinyurl.com/veniceview

I'm afraid that you'll have to do the legwork when it comes to reading reviews! But it might help a little. You may be pushing it when it comes to finding something with a balcony as well, but you never know... Good luck!

UK
Level Contributor
1,592 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where To Stay In Venice with a Canal View

Rooms with canal views are overrated, imo. How long do you intend to spend in your room gazing at a canal (or the canal)? The thrill will go after 5 minutes or so. Get out of your hotel and go and look at a canal (or the canal) from close up, from a bridge, or from a café. Look at different canals -- your room will only have a view of one canal.

London, United...
Level Contributor
237 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where To Stay In Venice with a Canal View

Thanks for all the feedback. I found a great place on AirB&B

Davis, California
Level Contributor
92 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where To Stay In Venice with a Canal View

Hi,

I am in the early stages of planning trip to Italy, hopefully, including Venice. (April, 2015)

Can you tell me what you found on Airbnb?

Thank you,

Rita

Davis, California
Level Contributor
92 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where To Stay In Venice with a Canal View

Hi,

I am in the early stages of planning trip to Italy, hopefully, including Venice. (April, 2015)

Can you tell me what you found on Airbnb?

Thank you,

Rita

Hertford, United...
Level Contributor
612 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Where To Stay In Venice with a Canal View

Glad you've found somewhere. I'd agree with post 6. Having paid the canal view premium on one occasion, and had rooms overlooking smaller, if charming canals, we no longer worry. We start on booking.com, sort by area, then rating, then a price we can consider. As a lucky European, we're off for another visit to Venice, and will be looking over roof-tops from our window, but will usually only look at this when we close and open the shutters!