We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Leaving for Italy tomorrow night/transportation questions

Boston
Level Contributor
53 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Leaving for Italy tomorrow night/transportation questions

Hi All,

My husband and I are taking a cruise, leaving from Venice. I have been there before, but it's been years. When we land at the airport, should we take a water taxi, or a water bus to our hotel? Are they both easily acessible? We'll each have a big suitcase and a carry-on w/ us. I'm OK taking a water taxi if I know how much it will be ahead of time; any idea how many Euro's I should have at the ready? Thanks so much.

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
47,082 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Leaving for Italy tomorrow night/transportation questions

A Water Taxi is approx €110 depending on where your Hotel is,

Boston
Level Contributor
53 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Leaving for Italy tomorrow night/transportation questions

Thank you Sophie! It's just good to have a general sense of how much it may be. I appreciate it! Are there water buses available as well? I just realized that 110 euro's could be like $150 US Dollars!!

Venice
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
9,285 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Leaving for Italy tomorrow night/transportation questions

Where is your hotel then we could advise you better onthe alternatives on how to get there?

Chorley, United...
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
18,687 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Leaving for Italy tomorrow night/transportation questions

There is no water bus (vaporetto) service from Marco Polo to Venice. These are run by ACTV. A different company - Alilaguna - runs ferries to various landing stages in Venice. For their lines and routes together with their fares you should consult www.alilaguna.it. It is very much cheaper than taking a private water bus but the drawbacks are it is much slower and does not take you directly to your Hotel, only to one of their landing stages, which may, or may not, be close to your Hotel.

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Venice, Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur
Level Contributor
9,366 posts
482 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Leaving for Italy tomorrow night/transportation questions

Your two large suitcases and carry ons, and likely handbags may be a real challenge for taking any other form of transportation but water taxi.

Boston
Level Contributor
53 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Leaving for Italy tomorrow night/transportation questions

Thanks for your feedback. I think given our luggage and the fact that quite honestly we're not going to feel like schlepping after traveling overnight from the States through Rome to Venice, we'll just bite the bullet and take the water taxi! :)

Boston
Level Contributor
53 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Leaving for Italy tomorrow night/transportation questions

Oh, we are staying at the Hotel Palazzo Priuli

Castello, 4983-4986, 30122 Venezia, Italy

Thanks!

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
47,082 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Leaving for Italy tomorrow night/transportation questions

You should be able to get a water Taxi quite close to that Hotel,

Boston
Level Contributor
53 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Leaving for Italy tomorrow night/transportation questions

Thank you!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,174 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Leaving for Italy tomorrow night/transportation questions

Two weeks ago, we each took about 30 kilos on the Alilaguna from Ca' Rezzonico to Marco Polo, with no difficulty. Alilaguna from Marco Polo to San Zaccaria will cost you 16 euro each. San Zaccaria, to Campo San Zaccaria, then to Fondamenta Osmarin will be a five to ten minute walk, maybe with one bridge to cross, via Campo San Provolo.

The Alilaguna blue line ferry takes one hour and 20 minutes for the Marco Polo / San Saccaria trip.