We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

italy mini tour

Lancashire, United...
1 post
Save Topic
italy mini tour

Hi guys, next april both my wife and i are 50 years young and also celebrating our 25th wedding aniversary all in the same week, our plan is to visit venice, florence and rome, we was looking to spend 9 days or so, any advice on how to configer this would be welcome. ie: how many days in each city, we will be traveling by train venice to florence to rome.

thanks paul

Venice Urban Adventures
Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, Food Tours
JM Walkingtour
City Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours
SUP in Venice
Cultural Tours, Water Sports, Sightseeing Tours, Stand-Up Paddleboarding, Historic Walking Areas
Level Contributor
472 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: italy mini tour

three nights in each; or 4-2-4.

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Venice, Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur
Level Contributor
10,971 posts
535 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: italy mini tour

First, Congratulations on big Birthdays and a Big Anniversary!

Oh Paul, there can be very-very many different ways to allocate nine days, depending on personal preference (I assume it is nine full days on land; not nine nights, which is really only eight days, and exclusive of travel time, yes?).

So, if you ask me, I would spend four days in Rome (lots and lots to see and do); two days in Florence (unless you are totally into Renaissance art); and three in Venice (or all nine in Venice, since it is so romantic and gorgeous, but this is not my trip, really :)

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Holiday Travel, Food and Travel, Macau
Level Contributor
28,177 posts
6,053 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: italy mini tour

Oh... You are going to wish you had more days in Italy. Anyway you can simply extend your trip out to two weeks? I would go with a 6-7 nights Rome, 3-4 nights in Florence, 3-4 nights in Venice minimum if at all possible.

Otherwise, you will have to to some difficult decision-making on what to miss out. Make sure you research each of these three destinations well to determine which you personally want to visit. They are each quite different but each fantastic places to spend time.

Have a great time planning your anniversary holiday and hope you enjoy Italy.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
8,142 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: italy mini tour

One critical item not mentioned above is land at one end and take off from the other: land in Venice fly out of Rome or vice-versa. This will save you a day and the cost of getting back.

5. Re: italy mini tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 July 2015, 07:17
Still have questions?
Post your own question so other travellers can help.
Ask a question