We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

italy trip

Tbilisi, Georgia
2 posts
Save Topic
italy trip

hallo, can anybody halp me : )

i ll go to italy trip, first, i want to go morning from milan to venice, and the same day evening from venice to florence, there i stay a few day and then go to rome,

i saw fly prices but it is expensive for me, then tried train prices but there is no cheap then 50 Euro,

i want the cheapes wat, i saw blablablacar.com site but there is no driver for this hours wich i want, can anybody let me know is there buses, or wich is the cheapest way? thanks

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
48,380 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: italy trip

Very few long distance Buses in Italy, train travel is the popular way to go, hardly think it worth going to Venice for half a day, at least stay over night,

Mentioned in this post
Italy
Italy
Europe
Venice
Venice
City of Venice, Italy
Chorley, United...
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
18,928 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: italy trip

You could take the train fromMilan to vencie and then later in the day on to Florecne but rather a waste of time and money to spend such a short period of time in Venice - it deserves as much time as Milan, Florence and Rome do.

train travel in Italy is quick and efficient and ot expensive. See www.trenitalia.it and www.italotreno.it for their timetables and fares. There are usually discounted fares available for advance purchase of tickets.

Mentioned in this post
Venice
Venice
City of Venice, Italy
Milan
Milan
Lombardy, Italy
Florence
Florence
Province of Florence, Italy
Rome
Rome
Lazio, Italy
Italy
Italy
Europe
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
37 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: italy trip

Half a day in Venice is a CRIME in my books! You're talking 2 hours by fast train from Milan to Venice, and another 2 1/2 hours by fast train from Venice to Florence. The best part of Venice is having time to just wander around.

Take the train. It is the most efficient way to travel in Italy. You can get good prices on Trenitalia if you book at least two months in advance - 19 Euros one way from Venice to Florence is the cheapest ticket.

Edited: 07 July 2014, 23:30
Mentioned in this post
Venice
Venice
City of Venice, Italy
Milan
Milan
Lombardy, Italy
Florence
Florence
Province of Florence, Italy
Italy
Italy
Europe
Tbilisi, Georgia
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: italy trip

thanks

5. Re: italy trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 July 2015, 21:16