We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which hotel would be best with respect to my itinerary?

Singapore
Level Contributor
169 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Which hotel would be best with respect to my itinerary?

Hello all.

Last thing to cover for my Venice leg. Finding the right hotel.

I want a hotel that is convenient especially during the arrival and departure to San Lucia Train Station, meaning it would be best to not take the luggage up crowded vaporrato or have to walk in crowded cobblestone street. Is there some kind of cabs that do transfers to hotel-station cheap?

We don't mind if the hotel is a bit out of the way during out walks and sightseeing days. Just more concerned of the getting in and out part. (esp since we need to go to Milan early on our last day)

I have narrowed down to three but I have a problem navigating them on maps especially how getting there would be like, whether a water transport is needed or not, so I yearn your assistance on me so I can make my choice.

1) B&B A casa mia... Sestiere Castello 1985, Castello, 30122 Venice

2) Residenza al Giardino.... Calle delle Moschette 6604 , Castello, 30123 Venice

3) Venezianamente Apartments @ 6219, Calle Cicogna o Trevisana Castello

Appreciate your knowledge on this matter thank you.

All things good,

Isk

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
47,332 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which hotel would be best with respect to my itinerary?

Castello is the furthest Sestiere (area) from Santa Lucia Station, Canneregio would be more convenient,

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for The Hebrides
Level Contributor
7,296 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which hotel would be best with respect to my itinerary?

As sophie says, Castello is some way away from the station, but it is easy to take a vaporetto, and if you are leaving very early it will not be crowded. And btw, there are few if any cobbled streets in Venice!

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Venice, Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur
Level Contributor
9,735 posts
510 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which hotel would be best with respect to my itinerary?

Look around Canneregio, Santa Croce or even San Polo, if you want to be reasonably close to the train station. However, as noted above, you can always take a vaporetto.

Singapore
Level Contributor
169 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which hotel would be best with respect to my itinerary?

Thanks all. We have booked to stay at Hotel Dolomiti which is extremely near to San Lucia station :)

London, United...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Which hotel would be best with respect to my itinerary?

How do I get from Venice train station to a B&B in Castello any help would be great !! As easily confused thanks

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for The Hebrides
Level Contributor
7,296 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which hotel would be best with respect to my itinerary?

Angela, it's best to start a new thread if you have a new question. But first, have a look at the 'arriving and departing' link in the top right of your screen.

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
47,332 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which hotel would be best with respect to my itinerary?

Castello covers quite an area where are you staying ?

London, United...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Which hotel would be best with respect to my itinerary?

Ok thank you , sorry new to all this !! , staying in the Locanda Silva .

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
47,332 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Which hotel would be best with respect to my itinerary?

Angela.

The Hotel is not far from Camp Santa Maria Formosa, , either a Vaporetto (Water Bus) to Rialto or San Marco (San Zaccaria, ) really not that straight forward do get a map of Venice, I did not think the directions on the Hotel web site were all that clear

10. Re: Which hotel would be best with respect to my itinerary?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2015, 05:15