We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booked Hotel da Bruno, but got apartment?

Seattle
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Booked Hotel da Bruno, but got apartment?

We're visiting Venice in September and looking for a hotel. After reading reviews and comparing prices, we settled on Hotel da Bruno. On Trip Advisor, there was a link saying that Travelocity had it for $252 per night. I clicked the link, saw a list of various room types, and selected a double for $252. However, as I was booking two things happened: the price went up to $300, and it said I was booking something called "Charming City Apartments". I cancelled, because I didn't know what I was getting. Is this sort of bait-and-switch common? Is "Charming CityApartments" the same as Hotel da Bruno, or something different?

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
47,087 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Booked Hotel da Bruno, but got apartment?

Seems the same

tripadvisor.co.uk/…LIGHTBOXVIEW

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
83 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Booked Hotel da Bruno, but got apartment?

Yup! It seems to be same, here you will get an idea: tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g187870-d235…

Seattle
Destination Expert
for Grand Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
9,048 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Booked Hotel da Bruno, but got apartment?

Hotel da Bruno is the check-in location for the Charming Venice Apartments, and guests at the apartments can take breakfast at the hotel.

booking.com/hotel/it/charming-venice-apartme…

If you would prefer a room in the hotel itself, why not book directly with them?

www.hoteldabruno.com/EN/description.html

The location is excellent. Our apartment last October was January half-block up the street, Salizada San Lio. It was perfect for walking all over Venice---very central.

Seattle
Destination Expert
for Grand Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
9,048 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Booked Hotel da Bruno, but got apartment?

Make that "just a half-block up the street". . . .

5. Re: Booked Hotel da Bruno, but got apartment?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 02:17