We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hilton Molino Stucky or Mestre night before AM flight?

Which Venice hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
South Jersey
Level Contributor
3,023 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Hilton Molino Stucky or Mestre night before AM flight?

I have five nights booked at the Hilton Molino Stucky next year on points. Originally I was thinking of booking at the Hilton Garden Inn Mestre for the sixth night before our 11:30 AM flight but I am reconsidering. The HGI is pretty much the same trip as the airport although we would not have any time pressure to get there the day before our flight and we would take their shuttle to the airport in the morning. My plan was to checkout and store our bags at the Hilton Molino Stucky and go to Mestre after a day of sightseeing.

If I stay put at Molino Stucky I figure I would have to leave around 8:00 AM the morning of our flight to insure I get to the airport two hours before our departure - or just bite the bullet and take a water taxi.

Thoughts?

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
46,120 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hilton Molino Stucky or Mestre night before AM flight?

You would no problem getting to the Airport for 08.00 from the Molino Stucky Vaporetto to Piazzale Roma from there a Bus to the Airport

PDX
Level Contributor
6 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hilton Molino Stucky or Mestre night before AM flight?

We stayed at the Muino Stuckey a couple of years ago and loved it! OUr flight was around 8:30 am so we took the 5:30 am alilaguna and were there with 45 minutes to spare post security and check in.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for The Hebrides
Level Contributor
6,668 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hilton Molino Stucky or Mestre night before AM flight?

I agree with the above. Definitely stay on at the Molino Stucky. No point in moving anywhere else.

4. Re: Hilton Molino Stucky or Mestre night before AM flight?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 July 2015, 06:17