We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How much do water taxis cost within Canal areas?

Which Venice hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
MA
Level Contributor
53 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
How much do water taxis cost within Canal areas?

I know everyone says water taxis are expensive. Am hoping that you can provide somewhat specific info re cost. For example, what would the approximate cost be if six people took a taxi from San Marco Piazza to Arsenale area to restaurant? And, also six people from Guuggenheim to St. Marco Piazza? Further, how do I get a water taxi? Taxi ranks? Telephone?

Read that getting in and out of water taxis can be difficult because of space between dock and steps.

Appreciate any information. Thanks so much.

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
31,263 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How much do water taxis cost within Canal areas?

You only pay €10 more for 6 people than for 5, for which there is a single price. This is €65 (so in your case, €75) from Santa Lucia station to a hotel anywhere in Venice, so probably this is also what you would pay from the Guggenheim to San Marco and from San Marco to Arsenale. See www.motoscafivenezia.it/eng/informazioni.php which also answers most of your other questions, for the rest see reidsitaly.com/destinations/veneto/venice/pl… (in particular on water taxi ranks).

Venice
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
9,015 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How much do water taxis cost within Canal areas?

Quaminari is only correct in the first instance.

From the station to a central hotel you would be looking at €65-75

From the centre to the arsenale and also Guggenheim to S an marco even through the distance is shorter you would be looking at the minimum fare or corsa minima. This is approx €50-€60

I wouldnt bother getting a taxi from the gugenheim to san marco as the distance is so very short and you can take a vaporetto so very easily.

I order to get a taxi call 041723112 and they will send one for you. There are stands that you can just go and turn up salute, San marco but not at the arsenale.

In the evenings there is a supplement after 10pm.

Edited: 17 July 2014, 07:40
MA
Level Contributor
53 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How much do water taxis cost within Canal areas?

Thanks to both of you. The specific information is just what I wanted.

4. Re: How much do water taxis cost within Canal areas?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 July 2015, 06:15