We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Murano / Burano on a Sunday

Cape Town
Level Contributor
73 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Murano / Burano on a Sunday

Would there be any difference between visiting these islands on a weekday, as opposed to a Sunday? Will all/most be open on the islands on a Sunday? (I will be there towards the end of September.)

My main purpose is to view glassblowing (any good suggestions?) and wandering around with a camera and stopping somewhere to get something to eat.

I was just thinking that, as I am in Venice on a Sunday, this may be a good option.

And, of course, I am mesmerized by glassblowing and fascinated by glass.

Any good glass-related suggestions and tips will be appreciated.

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
47,088 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Murano / Burano on a Sunday

There is Glass blowing on Sundays, the Islands cater for tourists all year round,

Venice
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
9,287 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Murano / Burano on a Sunday

Everybody thinks they will go to the islands on a Sunday hence they are busy . I would go mid week and then on a Sunday go off the beaten track in Venice away from strada nova, Rialto and San Marco

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Venice, Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur
Level Contributor
9,373 posts
482 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Murano / Burano on a Sunday

Lots of visitors to the Islands on a Sunday, including Italians who come on a day trip. At least this was our experience.

Cape Town
Level Contributor
73 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Murano / Burano on a Sunday

Thank you - this helps me to rearrange my plans!

5. Re: Murano / Burano on a Sunday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 July 2015, 06:16