We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking train tickets

Manchester Uk
Level Contributor
43 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Booking train tickets

Using trentitalia website.. Cannot register as not resident in Italy but is it still safe to book tickets online with them and are they reliable? Do you pick tickets up or are there other options ...Sorry twenty questions ( going to venice from milan)

thanks

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
29,807 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Booking train tickets

Perfectly safe. Just click <non registered user>.

Online bookings for Frecciabianca trains from Milano Centrale to Venezia S. Lucia are 'ticketless' - you received your details in a PDF by email, and show the conductor your PNR code when s/he comes around the train.

If arriving by plane, note that if you miss your booked train because of a flight delay then your 'ticket' may be worthless.

Watertown, MA
Level Contributor
2,704 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Booking train tickets

There is no need to register to buy on-line. I have booked many tickets on-line without problems and without registering.

I also contact my credit company letting them know of an impending charge.

Venice to Milan is on a reserved train and you can get deeply discounted (non-refundable) as low as €9!

You can book 120 days out from your departure date as well.

Once you have booked, you will receive an email with a PDF attachment. It will have your train #, day and date, carriage #, seat # and the very important PNR code. The code is what you show the conductor when they check tickets.

I used my gmail account and received the email from Trenitalia very quickly.

good luck!

Manchester Uk
Level Contributor
43 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Booking train tickets

Thanks guys kinda what I thought but it's good to check. It's for September so the biggest discounts have gone. It's coming up as second class but can reserve seats. This still an ok way to travel a longer journey or is it worth paying more?

I've only done v short journeys in Italy on trains so apols for so many queries

Laura

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
29,807 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Booking train tickets

Difference is the same as in UK - first is 2+1 seat layout, second is 2+2.

5. Re: Booking train tickets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 July 2015, 06:15