We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

.Does Anybody Know The Hotel Pausania and its Area?

Balloch, United...
Level Contributor
701 posts
110 reviews
Save Topic
.Does Anybody Know The Hotel Pausania and its Area?

Hi

I am looking at the .Hotel Pausania for my first visit to Venice, going for 4 nights. I normally travel with my wife however she won't manage on this occasion.

Can anybody tell me anything about the location of the hotel? I would normally go out wondering during the day and would be looking for a hotel that was within reasonable walking distance of the main areas to visit, reasonably fit so don't mind just taking my time and looking at various different sights on route.

How do I get from Marco Polo in to Venice and say this hotel if this is where I book? I am a bit confused as I have been reading about trains however I thought it would have been by some form of water taxi or boat!

Any help and advice for a Venice virgin and in this case not such an intrepid traveler would be gratefully received.

Thanks

Graham

Watertown, MA
Level Contributor
2,723 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: .Does Anybody Know The Hotel Pausania and its Area?

It is one of my favorite areas of Venice! Lots of good restaurants and cafes close by. San Barnaba is a wonderful piazza.

Very easy and scenic walk to walk to San Marco Square.

From the airport, I would recommend you take the Aliluguana boat, to the stop mentioned on the hotel's website (Zattere)

the other directions are in regards if you are coming from the train station.

: )

Have a wonderful time!

Edited: 25 July 2014, 17:37
Chorley, United...
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
18,831 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: .Does Anybody Know The Hotel Pausania and its Area?

Excellent location in Dorsoduro close to Campo San Barnaba and the Calle Lunga San Barnaba where there are several good places to eat.

There is no train station at Marco Polo airport. From Marco Polo best to take the Alilaguna ferry to the Zattere landing styage - see www.alilaguna.it for details of their various lines and timetables; or alternatively take the bus or coach from Marco |Polo to Piazzale Roma and then the No1 water bus down the Grand Canal to the Ca'Rezzonico landing stage. Cost is very similar either way but the route via Piazzale Roma perhaps a few minutes quicker as the Alilaguna ferry is very slow.

it is a straight walk from the Ca'Rezzonico landing stage along side the Rio di San Barnaba to your Hotel whereas the route from the Zattere landing stage is a little more tortuous.

You Hotel is well within comforttable walking distance from not only the Ca'Rezzonico museum but also both the Accademia and Peggy Guggenheim Museum of Modern Art galleries.

For evenings tou arer only just round the corner from Campo Santa Margherita where several bars and cafes in that area stay open as late as 2 a.m.

Balloch, United...
Level Contributor
701 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: .Does Anybody Know The Hotel Pausania and its Area?

Many many thanks folks, that is just the type of information I was looking for much appreciated thank you.

Wow there is such a choice of places to stay, although I have pretty much decided on the Pausania I did find one other place if anybody should happen to know it and how that would compare to the location of the Pausania.

It is the La Forcola Hotel which is in the Cannaregio area?

Thanks once again.

Graham

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for The Hebrides
Level Contributor
7,486 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: .Does Anybody Know The Hotel Pausania and its Area?

I'd stick to the Pausania - the other hotel you mention is in a ares that can get very busy, and I suspect it might also be noisy at times.

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
47,815 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: .Does Anybody Know The Hotel Pausania and its Area?

I would agree there, the Forcola is right on the Strada Nova the main walking route from the Station to San Marco

Chorley, United...
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
18,831 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: .Does Anybody Know The Hotel Pausania and its Area?

No comparison when it comes to location. That part of Dorsoduro in which the Pausania lies I find very enjoyable.

Balloch, United...
Level Contributor
701 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: .Does Anybody Know The Hotel Pausania and its Area?

Thanks yet again folks for all your helpful replies, the The Hotel Pausania it is then.

Cheers

Graham

Norfolk, England
Level Contributor
50 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: .Does Anybody Know The Hotel Pausania and its Area?

Hi, we stayed in the Hotel Pausania 3 weeks ago if you have any specific questions you can pm me if you like.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,209 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: .Does Anybody Know The Hotel Pausania and its Area?

You could also take the Alilaguna ferry from Marco Polo to the Ca' Rezzonico vaporetto stop. Saves taking a bus to Piazzle Roma and then the No 1 vaporetto.

The location of the Pausannia is great.

Balloch, United...
Level Contributor
701 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: .Does Anybody Know The Hotel Pausania and its Area?

Thanks folks, I have now booked the Pausania, despite specifically saying to the man on the phone at Travel Republic that I didn't want a centre room that is exactly what he still managed to book me in to, oh well it's booked now and I am sure it will be fine, do you happen to know anything of these rooms Lelly?

Peter just to confirm, I can take the Alilaguna ferry directly from the airport to the Ca' Rezzonico vaporetto stop and from there I can then follow the walking directions that Robert provided above?

Once again a big thank you to everybody for taking the time to help.

Graham