We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rome to Venice in November?

CA, USA
Level Contributor
126 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Rome to Venice in November?

We will be in Italy for about 6 days this November... plan to stay a couple days in Rome (5 - 6 November) then plan to take a train (or domestic flight better?) from Rome to Venice for 3 days before heading to London.

Would like to know:

1. What is the usual/normal weather we can expect during that period?

2. In case we are lucky to experience acqua alta... How bad is the flood? Do you "really" have to walk in water? Our mother will be with us though she is very active, I am not sure how well will she fare? and,

3. What mode of transportation would you recommend between Rome and Venice?

4. Which area is best to stay? Moderately price (150E), please.

Thank you.

Mentioned in this post
Italy
Italy
Europe
Rome
Rome
Lazio, Italy
Venice
Venice
City of Venice, Italy
London
London
England, UK
Venice Tours
City Tours, Taxis & Shuttles, Gondola Cruises
Il Doge di Venezia
Ferries, Day Trips, Taxis & Shuttles, Boat Tours, Sightseeing Tours
UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
48,380 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rome to Venice in November?

The second half of November starts low season pricewise, , but your budget is not bad, ,Venice is not big so location is not too important,

Acqua alta can happen then but it is short 0lived as it is tidal,

Train is he way to go, as much as I love Venice I think I would stay a little longer in Rome, so much to see

weather could be cold , but a nice time to go,

Mentioned in this post
Venice
Venice
City of Venice, Italy
Rome
Rome
Lazio, Italy
Chorley, United...
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
18,928 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rome to Venice in November?

I would always choose the train for the Venice - Rome journey as in both cases the station is fairly central in the city whereas the airports are some distance outside so with checking in time and travel to and from airports trains are often quicker.

See both www.trenitalia.it and www.italotreno.it for timetables and fares. There are usually discounted fares available for early purchase of tickets.

Mentioned in this post
Venice
Venice
City of Venice, Italy
Rome
Rome
Lazio, Italy
3. Re: Rome to Venice in November?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 July 2015, 06:15