We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help to get to hotel please

lincolnshire
Level Contributor
1,500 posts
93 reviews
Save Topic
Help to get to hotel please

We are thinking of staying at Hotel Delfino in Mestre...just a few questions before I book, what is the best and cheapest way to get to this hotel from airport?

If we were to book a road taxi what would the cost be.

Watertown, MA
Level Contributor
2,718 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help to get to hotel please

Cheapest is the the ATVO bus (€6) from the airport and according to the hotel's website, stops in front.

I would email the hotel re:cost of taxi.

anyway you would consider a hotel in Venice proper? : )

lincolnshire
Level Contributor
1,500 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help to get to hotel please

Does anyone know the price of taxi from airport to hotel Delfino please

Chorley, United...
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
18,789 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help to get to hotel please

A taxi will be more expensive than the coach for sure but i doubt it will be more than 20 - 25 euros.

Kochi (Cochin...
Level Contributor
427 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help to get to hotel please

Mestre is off the main island of Venice and not recommended for sightseeing in Venice. Just wanted to make sure you are aware of this. But I'm sure you knew this already and have your reasons for staying in Mestre.

lincolnshire
Level Contributor
1,500 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help to get to hotel please

I was thinking of booking this as a cheap deal with our local paper this was the place they use. If we were to stay here how do you get to Venice can you just get on a bus if so where do you buy your tickets.Is it far to the sightseeing that we want to see in Venice, so many questions but I don't want to be out in the sticks paying a lot of money to get to Venice.

Kochi (Cochin...
Level Contributor
427 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help to get to hotel please

I wouldn't stay there unless you had a specific reason for staying there. I think you'd waste a lot of time commuting.

http://www.rome2rio.com/s/Quality-Hotel-Delfino-Venezia-Mestre/St-Mark's-Square-Piazza-San-Marco-Venice-Italy

lincolnshire
Level Contributor
1,500 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help to get to hotel please

Thankyou I am thinking of staying Lido I think this may be a better place?

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
47,530 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Help to get to hotel please

Lido over Mestre every time,

ireland
Level Contributor
976 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Help to get to hotel please

The Lido is lovely, but the bus to and from Mestre is only a couple of euro, whereas the vaporetta is seven euro each trip. I think it's better to buy a travel pass if you stay on Lido.

There are budget hotels right in Venice, if you put your budget in Booking.com or Venere and find something you like, you should check the hotels own website, sometimes they have better prices.

10. Re: Help to get to hotel please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2015, 05:16