We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Venice Italy

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
10 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Venice Italy

I will be in Venice in October and am looking for the cheapest way to get from my hotel on the santa maria del giglo stop? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Chorley, United...
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
18,610 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Venice Italy

? You are not clear. To get where from your Hotel If it is the airport, Marco Polo which is your concern then there are good means of transport into Venice. The A|CTV No 5 bus service and the ATVO coach both take around 20 minutes to reach Piazzale Roma in Venice. From there take the No 1 water bus (vaporetto) down the Grand Canal to the S. Maria del Giglio landing syage. tickets cost 7 euros

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
10 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Venice Italy

We are looking for transport from the hotel to the airport. Our hotel is located at the Santa Maria del Giglio vaporetto stop.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
85,294 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Venice Italy

From the Giglio stop, you have 2 choices.

1. Take a vaporetto on Line 1 to Piazzale Roma, then a bus to the airport.

2. Take Aliguna Orange Line direct to the airport.

This assumes you are using Marco Polo airport. If you are using Treviso airport, you have to take a bus from P. Roma.

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
46,418 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Venice Italy

Or you could pre book a Water Taxi, that would be expensive at approx €110

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
25,975 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Venice Italy

OP clearly asks for cheapest option.

Assuming you are in Venice for a few days, get a Vaperretto pass. I believe there is an additional cost if you wish to include transport to the airport (information that was not included in your original question btw) you need to ask for that when you purchase the pass.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
10 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Venice Italy

Thank you all for all the info really helped me.

7. Re: Venice Italy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2015, 06:16